repairing b-52 18"220s subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, own a b-52 18" 1000 watt subwoofer and its voicecoil was sadly ruined by an idiot driver who loaded it facing towards the sky and went really fast through a bunch of potholes, sub ruined.. wouldnt make a sound when i plugged it in when i got home and made a scratching noise when i moved the driver... so i am taking it apart, slowly peeling the cone off the frame and then i will peel the suspension off the magent so i can get the whole thing out and try to fix the voicecoil.

my question is what type of glue should i use to put this high powered speaker back together?

Basscrime

Hi, own a b-52 18" 1000 watt subwoofer and its voicecoil was sadly ruined by an idiot driver who loaded it facing towards the sky and went really fast through a bunch of potholes, sub ruined.. wouldnt make a sound when i plugged it in when i got home and made a scratching noise when i moved the driver... so i am taking it apart, slowly peeling the cone off the frame and then i will peel the suspension off the magent so i can get the whole thing out and try to fix the voicecoil.

my question is what type of glue should i use to put this high powered speaker back together?

Basscrime
Before opening it up, check if the top plate has shifted.
If it has, the pole piece may be pinching the voice coil. It may be possible to shift it back into position with clamps and re glue it without taking the speaker apart.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.