Jamo 23274 sub? or bass driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello: I just acquired these drivers; any body have any info about them?
I was told they were used in a factory passive sub about mid 1990's vintage.
The person I got them from gave me no specs except for a piece of paper stating
cabinet volume of 4 cu ft. & a crude diagram of the port & it's internal distance
from the cabinet. No info as to where to put port front or back.
I'm going to try to attach some pictures.

...................... thanks

.................. Fred petersen

Attachments

• Jamo1.JPG
    Jamo1.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Jamo2.JPG
    Jamo2.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Jamo3.JPG
    Jamo3.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Hello: I just acquired these drivers; any body have any info about them?...
I was told they were used in a factory passive sub about mid 1990's vintage.
The person I got them from gave me no specs except for a piece of paper stating
cabinet volume of 4 cu ft. & a crude diagram of the port & it's internal distance
from the cabinet. No info as to where to put port front or back. I'M going to try to attach some pictures. ....thanks, Fred Petersen

Hi there Fred: Since you have data for the volume of the cabinet (4cf),next, area and length of the port is critical. Please post the "crude diagram of the port" and its area and length. Generally, the port can be on the front or if some distance to the back wall is available, the port can be on the back or if the cabinet is raised on "feet" the bottom. The port (if circular)must be at least one diameter from the interior back wall. Obtaining the T/S parameters by testing, ( see partsexpress.com for the Dayton W3 speaker tester, about $99 + shipping ) is the sure way to have the data to enter into a design program and select the volume and port size and length. (such programs are available free on line)....regards, Michael

Hi there ZD: My interpretation of the drawing is a 4-inch diameter port, 5.75-inches long located in the front of the cabinet with the dimension from the outside of the front panel to the inside of the back panel 14-inches. The back panel to be covered with 2-inches of fiberglass (pink stuff). Along with the back, one side and either the top or botom of the enclosure needs to be covered with fiberglass. Given your stated objectives, a 4 cubic foot (internal measurements minus: any bracing,cleats, port tube volume, driver displacement) should work. The minimum tube to back dimension is 4".
....regards, Michael

Hi there Fred: I Googled-up Jamo sprakers and found the folloing models:
1985: PP300, 1986: CBR 120 speaker, 1987: Compact 120 speaker, 1989: Concert II, there was also a recent long site on a 909 model, however it is not a box speaker: open back model with twin 15-inchers/mid range/tweeter, a good read never the less!
...regards, Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.