How about an ss15T tall boy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For small rigs using one sub per side under a 15xhorn or 12xhorn such as small band or karaoke or side fills, I think a tallboy ss12/15 would be handy.
Said cabinet should be about 18 inches wide and about45 inches tall.
45 inches fits in most vans and is the minimum height for a good stack putting the top cabs at a good height for standing audiences. (think Meyer 650).
No pesky poles! I would put a pole hat in it anyway and a short pole for safety.

I wonder if the ss15 could be adapted with the speaker on the bottom and only 2 internal bends. A cross between the original DTH20 and an ss15.
Would be a simple cab to build too.
Has anyone got something like that already?

For small rigs using one sub per side under a 15xhorn or 12xhorn such as small band or karaoke or side fills, I think a tallboy ss12/15 would be handy.
Said cabinet should be about 18 inches wide and about45 inches tall.
45 inches fits in most vans and is the minimum height for a good stack putting the top cabs at a good height for standing audiences. (think Meyer 650).
No pesky poles! I would put a pole hat in it anyway and a short pole for safety.

I wonder if the ss15 could be adapted with the speaker on the bottom and only 2 internal bends. A cross between the original DTH20 and an ss15.
Would be a simple cab to build too.
Has anyone got something like that already?

The Keystone sub is 45" tall by 26.5" by 22.5 deep.

Plans are in #94 of this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/185588-keystone-sub-using-18-15-12-inch-speakers.html

Very easy build, that Bose cone you were looking for a box for might be worth a try, everything I threw in the box worked reasonably well.
The BC18SW115-4 loaded Keystone powered by a bridged Crest CA-9 will put out more 40 Hz than 4 Meyers 650P dual 18" cabinets.

Slimming the Keystone down to 18" would be easy, though I don't know how well it would work, the 4015LF required a smaller front exit than the B&C18 or the Lab 12s.

It did work pretty well with a pair of Lab 12s, indicating that a half width may not be a problem, though as you found, adding a center brace can change response quite a bit, so no guarantees.

Art

I had in mind a compact speaker system for smaller gigs also and I saw this thread.So my idea was this ...
Untitled.jpg
It's just a sketch but with the smallest size I would prefer to have.The smaller enclosure is a 15" without the mid and high horns,so it would be a 4-way system.I just need to know which 18" driver will work i.e if an 18" will work.I'm asking because i.m still a hard-head at horn responseI like the Faital pro18 fh500 for the neo magnet.
I accidentally closed scetchup without saving so I couldn't draw in the horns.

Simple Acoustic.
I had similar ideas A while back...lol

I think you might want to put that sub woofer pointing down in the mouth and wrap the horn from bottom front to bottom back and up. I suspect one hell of a phase problem the way it looks now. Its also gonna be HEAVY. 48" is pretty darn short to put a HF Horn. Thats why we usually keep the mid.high boxes separate for portable systems. You might need to fly them or carry them up stairs. You kinda want the hf horns above 6 feet.

This Thread is about a simplified single sheet 15 TH (T-QWP)
with the dimensions similar to what your after.:)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...0hz-but-only-20-deep-help.html?highlight=ss15

Regards
Martin

That cab seems to benefit from angling the central section such that s2 is about 544 or so with s3 (top of cab) at about 701. they are all about 838 now.
Any decent top cab running full range will overlap above 60hz or so anyway.
Why not utilize some if that mid bass from the top cab and optimize the lower region with the sub.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.