Air velocity 2 vent diamet 4" v length 10.1"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
eight inch m8a hivi

Newbie. What I am wanting to do is get down to 25 Hz in a enclosure around 15" 12" 20"
... using push pull. Passive radiator or transmission line or folded horn with the driver
Still able to cross at 100. Doable? I cannot get a passive driver flat in winked.

Newbie. What I am wanting to do is get down to 25 Hz in a enclosure around 15" 12" 20"... transmission line or folded horn with the driver..Still able to cross at 100. Doable?..

FYI:

b:)

Attachments

• HiVi-M8a_TS.JPG
    HiVi-M8a_TS.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 69
  • isobaric_2xHiVi-M8A_PE.JPG
    isobaric_2xHiVi-M8A_PE.JPG
    483.8 KB · Views: 65
I am not mentally disabled for the record.

Newbie. What I am wanting to do is get down to 25 Hz in a enclosure around 15" 12" 20"
... using push pull. Passive radiator or transmission line or folded horn with the driver
Still able to cross at 100. Doable? I cannot get a passive driver flat in winked.

sentence punctuation... winked... ? This is what you get when you go to this forum from your cell phone... winisd...

Thanks! I am working at understanding it. Two questions. What programs are used here and am I seeing am Isobarik in a folded horn?
edit
Okay it is called hornresp... have downloaded it. Just so I am using my time correctly these graphs are saying it is possible?
I had thought of using Isobaric with a horn config... did not know if transmission line would be better but I guess you think not do to the size? Thanks again on the help... so many cool people on this forum.

Last edited:
Thanks again bjorno! Well if I am reading it correctly it seems the box would be 90 plus inches in length which is larger then what I am after. Or is that the length of the meandering chamber or line? I am puzzled - is that an isobaric plus horn plus transmission line? Or am I to totally out to lunch on this one. Transmission lines look too hard unless you have the mathcad program which I do not have and cannot find the free version.

If anyone could answer the following this would be great... If I have a woofer on the front of the box pushing and one on the back pulling would this also be called isobaric or is isobaric and push pull two different things? I am guessing they are the same? - and can be push push or push pull? And it is a wiring thing on the driver? :)

Last edited:
Guys I am trying to get a reasonably small reasonably powerful classical music lower mid to 25hz and cross at 100-150 to an electrostatic which I am also learning about!

Yikes my head is hurting. I think Bjorn's first model in this thread hit the spot... Unless I am wrong? I was surprised the SPL that it was producing... these horns are kinda cool.

In order to give you an idea,
In my latest sims, it is going to take everything that three 8" subs can muster up at .4" of excursion to do 113db at 40hz with 210 watts of power.
This the peak of the systems excursion.
So above 40hz it gets better to 115db and flat and below 40hz it is about 110db at 25hz
I have posted these sims here in another thread somewhere.

My goal was 120db but 118db for the two cabinets with 6 8" subs is good enough as would have used 4 drivers per side but I had damaged two of them and they are all that I have to work with for now.

jer :)

Well geraldfryjr... getting my metal cut this week 9.5"x40" curved panel. If I do a 5/64 to 3/32nd gap and assuming adequate amplification and adequate build... would you give me a guess at my likely SPL from the panel running to 150hz? Am I asking the impossible?

I haven't seen the process of applying the film to a curved panel... I know how to do it to a flat. I assume the stat has to be raised to the film via a center device or can the side tape pull method work with a curve?

in a curved panel virtuall all the tension on the diaphragm has to be in the length with just enough horizontal tension to keep the diaphragm from fluttering under drive. That plus the fact that your stator spacers have to be different thicknesses makes me opt for flat panels. Each to his own. Why not build a set of each and then compare your results. Best regards Moray James.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.