Sub enclosure for 10"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope, they are the Thiele Small parameters, Thiele and Small were two wonderful guys who took out most of the guess work when modeling enclosures thanks to their work.

Think of them as your chest/arm/neck/waist measurements when you go to a tailor-without them he'd be hard pushed to make a decent suit for you.

Without these I can "design" a box for you-but I cannot see if it's going to sound like a chuffing elephant or whether you're going to run out of excursion on your subs and cook them.

They will have been supplied in the handbook that came with the woofers-please post them up here or let me know and I'll see if I can find a copy (I'm 90% sure i have a copy of these-and 10% sure where it is, so you posting them would save me a load of time hunting!)

Here's the manual, gotta download it, because I still have no idea what I'm looking for...

Audiobahn ALUM10N Manuals, Support and Troubleshooting

Fs 26.4 Hz
Qts 0.47
Qes 0.51
Qms 4.9
Vas (Liters) 35 Liters
Vas (Cu. Ft.) 1.24 Cu.Ft.
Re 6.0 ohms
Le 2.50 mH
Mmd 158 Grams
Xmax +/- 13 mm
RMS 800 watts
Sd 0.033 M2
Freq. Resp. 20Hz-500Hz

Ported: 1.35
Port size (in) 3 x 7.5
Port Vel. (%) 18.72
-3 dB (Hz) 31.5
Tune freq (Hz) 38
Sub disp .15
Port disp .027
Total vol 1.5

Ok, modelled it for you. 1x central port, full height of box, 5.25" wide and 22" deep. You need to use your subsonic filter and set it to 18Hz as a minimum if 12dB an octave or will have to adjust yourself if its an 18/24dB an octave HPF(my software only allows for 12dB an octave) or you'll over excurt below 25-27Hz

Box will tune to 35Hz and F3 will be 31.09Hz-but this is in an open space, it will tune lower in the car and cabin gain will give you plenty of low end boost. Round off the edges on the port to reduce turblunace.

Excuse my sketch-I only have "paint" to play with and I am at work so only a quick sketch!

Attachments

• alum10.JPG
    alum10.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 61
Hehe. Sorry for making you do all that work but I was thinking of changing my amp up for a smller one and buying new subs. Finally took it in today. They said one of my voicecoils are gonna blow..so before it does I'm getting rid of them lol. So I'm thinking about getting audiopipe the tx 12s (the blue one) but someone said the la is to high....I can't find any enclosure recommendations for the subs either...but when I do. Can you make some figures for me?

I honestly don't know..they said it was the voice coil..so I just believed them...Taking my sub out of my box...is a ..pain...and the wires are very short to increase the bass in them...so..it's really hard =( but I suppose I can check them tomorrow. The funny thing is...when I push my sub against the box while it's playing, some noise gets eliminated. I might just make a youtube video to show you...it's too complicating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.