Sub enclosure for 10" - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2011, 07:12 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

So the new box layout would look like this:

Click the image to open in full size.
1995 Buick Skylark Custom: Hifonics HIF2000D amp Big 3 Upgrade 1/0 gauge wire 3 10" ALUM10N Audiobahns XS Power XP2000 battery Sony CDX-GT43IPW head unit 12k Kensun headlights L.E.D back Kensun lights Street Glow blue neon light interior
Old 17th October 2011, 09:29 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

look, bro, just go ahead and drop a couple of these back there and you will never look back...
WoofersEtc.com - SA-15 D4 - Sundown Audio 15" 600W Dual 4-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer
I had a brutus bxi 2006 on a pair of these in 6.5 cubes at 39hz..
WoofersEtc.com - 2XL-154D - Powerbass 15" Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
..and I have no problem hitting 140's at the kick....there is no substitute for cubic inches.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:37 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

1. I hate both speaker brands...if I was going to drop $500 for a sub I would buy a rockford, jl audio, or orion sub.
2. 15" subs DO NOT FIT in my trunk.
3. I love the subs I have now. Just gotta get em in a new box.
4. My amp is 2000watt mono...it'd tear those subs apart.
5. Ty for your input. But I think I'll stick w my audiobahns.
Sounds awesome. Is cheap. Doesn't overheat nor has it blown up.
1995 Buick Skylark Custom: Hifonics HIF2000D amp Big 3 Upgrade 1/0 gauge wire 3 10" ALUM10N Audiobahns XS Power XP2000 battery Sony CDX-GT43IPW head unit 12k Kensun headlights L.E.D back Kensun lights Street Glow blue neon light interior
Old 17th October 2011, 09:59 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

LOL...ok, bud..I don't buy into "the brand"...I just thought i'd toss you some suggestions based upon the dimensions you gave for your trunk, would fit indeed. Since i have used both on the same amp you use...and it is good you like the audiobahns...somebody has to. I jus figgered you were ready to step up to "theneighborshateme" status.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:42 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Lol. Yeah. I don't have nieghbors....I just got cops to **** off. Cmon baron waiting for those figures.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:23 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

allright,I feel bad...we all enjoy things that others might like or dislike...it is called DIY...the design you last posted looks pretty decent. I was gonna propose top loading the 15's and porting like you show...something else to keep in mind when using smaller drivers is rear face them to acheive additional loading..rule of thumb is at least width of port = distance from rear of trunk...good luck.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:27 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Yeah my car trunk is only 14.5 " high...

I had subs facing upwards...was a bad idea. Blew off my trunk lock and nearly blew my back window up..thus ill never do that again lol
Old 17th October 2011, 11:46 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carshateme View Post
So the new box layout would look like this:

Click the image to open in full size.
The center passage needs to have twice the cross-sectional area of one of the side passage.

You can also leave out those things at one end of the center passage and at the ends of the side passages. They're not going to make any difference at bass frequencies. Consider instead adding a center panel down the middle of that center passage and flaring each end of the vents - you can accomplish this by adding a 45 degree section that's at least about 3" long on its shortest side.

Finally, do not permanently mount the side passages until you've had a chance to check Fb - with long, large vents, the box calculators tend to over-estimate vent length to reach a particular Fb.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:17 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

... I have no idea what you're talking about. I considerd adding a center piece but then my vents would only be 1" down the.middle. unless you mean taking the angles out of the center and putting a small center piece because I calculated the ports to
be 4" wide and 11.5" tall although I want them to be 7.5" tall. But I'm waiting for baron to get me the numbers cuz he's helped me in the past on these forums...so I know he has experience. Not saying anything bad about you or nothing. Tho the center piece is a great idea if I cut it half way up the.middle. I don't use the port calculators I'm basing this off mu.sub manual which recommends a circle port of 4"x7.5" but I want the.middd ports...more easier for.me.

For baron: my trunk dimensions are 34"x15"x30" but my amp takes off 2" and 28" is touching my tip of my trunk. At the ending of my trunk it curves out and it goes to about 36" . Just giving you an idea of how big my trunk space is.

Last edited by carshateme; 18th October 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:45 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carshateme View Post
But I'm waiting for baron to get me the numbers cuz he's helped me in the past on these forums...so I know he has experience. Not saying anything bad about you or nothing.
No worries

Hide this!Advertise here!