O-Audio out of the box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hot O Audio Bash 500

Looks like I have a hot one too.

It arrived yesterday and I plunked it into a 4 sided 3 1/2" high open bottom box and put the box on top of my subwoofer cabinet. The exterior heat sink does not get hot. But the two interior ones do. Too hot to touch. So I propped the box up to let some air in. Didn't much help. And this is just at idle, no signal.

I emailed to O Audio. Let's see what they say.
Les

Some folks came over yesterday to pick up SR71s I made for them. They wanted to hear them with a subwoofer. I warned them, if you hear the sub your going to want it.
Which was the case.
All my sub are un powered, so this may be a good chose, I'll send them the link.

We used a 200 watt MCM amp yesterday, with a toroidal transformer (it was only $99) but they stopped making it.

You are using it for one 10" sub? Are you driving it hard?

Maybe we could use the 300 watt model, the sub(s) 2, 8" 4ohm - 8ohm wired series.

Last edited:
Yes it does look good, but will go with the O-Audio. I though D amps were better for subs, not the other way around.

New box should be done in a day or two. I squeaked out 105 liters.

I put a piec of chessecloth on the middle brace, so the damping wool doesn't drop to bottom half.

Attachments

• Iso 105L.JPG
    Iso 105L.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 69
Odougbo's Destroyer

The new box works well, the bass is very strong, low, powerful.

I'm going to go back and layer it with 1/2" layer of MDF (1 1/4" thick total). Maybe add some internal, 45 degree bracing.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• P1040345.jpg
    P1040345.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.