Subwoofer suggestions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2011, 02:04 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Subwoofer suggestions

I recently had a Paradigm 12" powered subwoofer in my room. I decided to try a M & K VX-7 8" sealed subwoofer. I have found the M & K to give me Bass at my desk instead of in the next room but it does not have enough power or depth. I am now leaning toward a sealed Subwofer because of my experience with the M & K. I do not have the experience to make the right choice. I was considering using a 200 Watt mono amp and crossover. What would be the best Subwoofer choice? My room is fairly small. ( Mid sized bedroom)
Old 28th September 2011, 05:10 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Do you have a price range?? Something like this Dayton DCS305-4 12" in a nice ported box would do you pretty good for some extra bass without breaking the bank. Attached are some graphs in sealed and vented boxes.
Attached Images
File Type: png Dayton12.PNG (66.2 KB, 87 views)
Old 28th September 2011, 05:15 PM   #3
ODougbo is offline ODougbo  United States
diyAudio Member

Don’t forget one of the basic “rules” about set up, you have to move the speakers around the room/ experiment, it can make a big difference.

I’ve have my sub up front with my main speakers for years, and I always had a tough time blending them with the front. I moved the sub to back of the room recently and made my life a whole lot easier, of course it sounds better too.

I always go for Bass Reflex (O;

Hide this!Advertise here!