Porting a hole in your box wall...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay I just got a brand new dual box and I plan on parallel wiring my sub woofers, but there is no hole in the middle wall for me to do it. If I cut out a hole, (about a deadbolt size drill bit) will that affect anything? The speaker wire being used is a 8 gauge...(old power wire for amp, upgraded)

Need an answer asap before I just go ahead and decide to do it. *The volume of the box is approx. .97 cubic feet. (if the volume changes a little bit, I'm fine w that, considering I wanted a 1 cubic foot box.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Err? What? lol. Nah, I have a deadbolt drill bit from way back...but I ended up using a drill bit about the size of my wire...and paralleled them...box is small as heck, but I'll have to see how well it performs before throwing my old ones away. Didn't have to solider any wiring. My Subs...have 4 wire terminals on each side... so I have room to shove 2 8 gauge wiring in one terminal while the other terminal is used to parallel the speaker.

Yes I love to use Paint so this is the diagram...a pretty crappy one...but here's how it's wired out.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.