CRTs + Subwoofers =? Good combination - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2002, 11:40 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default CRTs + Subwoofers =? Good combination

I just got a large computer montior (21") a few weeks ago. Because I don't have my own theater, I use my PC for movies and the like, and have a full surround set-up. I noticed a while ago that placing my subwoofer under my desk actually increased its audible preformance because the rear panel of the desk, which isn't too thick, acts as a sounding board. Now, with this 21" moniter, when the volume is up (i.e. the sub is running at a considerable level), the picture on my screen vibrates, I assume because the bass is vibrating the long trinitron wires. Does anyone know if this could damage the monitor? Anyone with similar experiences? Thanks

-Davis
Old 19th January 2002, 05:39 AM   #2
Ignite is offline Ignite  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ignite
I think it's more likely to be EM Interference which is not particularily bad, it is just annoying to look at.

Shielding the sub may stop that altogether. Though vibrations aren't particularily good for a CRT either.

Hide this!Advertise here!