Need subwoofer wiring advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

If the amplifier is rated for it, you could parallel the coils from both speakers to get 1.5ohm total.
If the amplifier won't stand that, do a series-parallel arrangement, which would give 6ohm total.
The latter would give the amplifier an easier time, as current draw would be much lower. If it's safe for the amplifier to drive 1.5ohm, I see no reason not to go with that.

Chris

I'm thinking of getting SSL F2600D FORCE 2600W Class D Monoblock Amplifier, w/ SoundQuest SQK0 1/0 Gauge Copper-Clad Aluminum Wiring Kit, along with Sound Storm Laboratories CAP350B 3.5 Farad Capacitor, and a dual box...total comes up to like $248.

The amp review says it can handle a 1Ω load.

Looked at the reviews on that amp and seen like 20 people liking it and saying good things about it, plus a guy had a pair of audiobahns and says it pounds like a champ, took his trunk lock off. The wire kits seems like a snag of a deal...it's real 0 gauge and not some skimpy crap. The farad was the cheapest I could find...lol was cheaper than a 3 farad.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 6 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

Shows both, what amp is it?

NB Always wire the sub's voice coils in series and then the subs in parallel as if you wire the coils in parallel and subs in series then the back EMF on one sub will affect the other

That wiring diagram is not what my speakers are...I thought I posted a picture of how my speakers were...instead of two wire hook ups on each side...there is 4 wire hook ups...a total of 8 wire hook ups....on one sub

I'm thinking of getting SSL F2600D FORCE 2600W Class D Monoblock Amplifier, w/ SoundQuest SQK0 1/0 Gauge Copper-Clad Aluminum Wiring Kit, along with Sound Storm Laboratories CAP350B 3.5 Farad Capacitor, and a dual box...total comes up to like $248.

The amp review says it can handle a 1Ω load.

Looked at the reviews on that amp and seen like 20 people liking it and saying good things about it, plus a guy had a pair of audiobahns and says it pounds like a champ, took his trunk lock off. The wire kits seems like a snag of a deal...it's real 0 gauge and not some skimpy crap. The farad was the cheapest I could find...lol was cheaper than a 3 farad.

Sorry to break it to you but you're getting very very shitty equipment if its only 248....good copper 1/0 wiring and fuse holders alone are going to be at least $100....you can get away with copper clad aluminum wire if you want to save money, but its not the best. and i have yet to hear an audiobahn sub that sounds good....also, there's no way that amp is delivering 2600 watts RMS. check around for some of the better 2000 watt RMS amps, and i gurantee you won't find anything under 3 times the price you quoted!! theres a reason for that ;)

i see two 20 amp fuses on that amp....tell me how it is delivering 2600 watts rms at 12-14 volts....

Last edited:
Aren't you a hater today? lol. You didn't even check it out did ya? Probably not. Audiobahns are meant for all deep bass..they're not high range. My audiobahn beat a pair of JL, MTX, and a pair of DB subs. I'm sure you didn't hear a good pair of audiobahns when you are basing your opinion. =( P.S. I'm not spending $2,000 for a sound equip when I can get a good one that does the job at $300.

Oh and the RMS ratings....I don't even pay attention to that...means almost nothing when it comes to speakers...just a fancy term to improve amp selling.

Last edited:
Why in the world do you think you need that kind of power. Are you trying to impress someone? Are you trying to go deaf? Do you have any clue how annoying loud thumping noise is in residential neighborhoods? Get a life! And keep your noise out of my neighborhood!

OK - rant over, I feel better now.

Mike

Sorry to hear of your affliction. Why do you want to make it worse? And don't you understand that your 400 watt statement is irrelevent? I don't care about watts, I care about excessive dB levels and the way it disturbs the peace, and how it is annoying as h#ll. I have no problem with someone wanting to ruin thier own hearing if that's what they wish, but I don't want to be forced to hear it happening. Can't you understand that if If I'm sitting in my home with the windows closed and trying to listen to my own music, and suddenly my walls start to shake, the floor starts to vibrate and the windows rattle, that it's a violation of common courtesy? With freedom of choice comes responsibility.

Mike

Lol. I was talking about my alternator amps...not watts. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not one to play my music blasted to the extent of blowing my own windows. I live in Flint, Mi. I know how annoying loud bass can be. I'm using my bass for competition, not constant playing. I guess you're happy that you don't live anywhere near me =P. And I'm not talking professional competition, I'm talking competition among my friends.. like one owns a pair of DB 3s with a 1000 watt sony amp...and his bass is louder than mine...of course it's 12s and is competition speakers. But I want to show him that a small system can beat his. =] and why are you so hating on High dB volumes...you're on an audio forum... lol.

Also when you come up to another car is playing some annoying rap crap. I want to be able to mute them with Dubstep n Techno. =]]

^ I agree. (with bean)

Btw carshateme, I was joking about the peak wattage hence the :/

And I do have subs in my CRV...they compliment the active SQ system I have...and I don't blast the bassssss with the windows down either. There's a difference between wanting good sound and just wanting the windows to fall off the track while sounding like ****. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.