JBL 2268 loading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I misread the OP. Sounded to me like Massilia wanted to build a box for just the 18". I was hoping he wanted to get rid of the mid/hi loaded waveguide from the original 738 enclosure. Anyone know where I can find 2 of the waveguides new or used? I began searching last night but have had no luck. Thank you in advance for any help.

I misread the OP. Sounded to me like Massilia wanted to build a box for just the 18". I was hoping he wanted to get rid of the mid/hi loaded waveguide from the original 738 enclosure. Anyone know where I can find 2 of the waveguides new or used? I began searching last night but have had no luck. Thank you in advance for any help.
This is the diy sub forum.
Buy the cabinets, sell or burn what you don't use, or DIY :rolleyes:.

Hi all,

Finally; I tried the SRX738 rising it up 50cm (20¨).
The 18¨ and the two vents are placed at the bottom of the enclosure, so when it is directly placed on the floor there is indeed a strong (bad) effect on the response.

So; when rised, the sounds becomes finally great, in accordance with (excellent) measurement results and at the opposite quality of previously, placed on the floor...
No more coloration at all..
How happy I was!

I use it in tri-amped configuration (not available on the original design but I modified it, using also better cables inside).
The time-alignements I use are 250us delay for the bass section, and 930us for the high section, referred to the medium CMCD. The frequencies cut-off are 350Hz and 2kHz like JBL set-up.

Excepted the drop near 15kHz due to the 2431+PT, the response is flat, very extended (40Hz inwall, and still level at 30Hz). The 4dB pic @50Hz is corrected with the XT -DP226, and others EQ are set to perfect the response.

At listening, the bass section is very clean, with big impact when needed. It should be listen at 3-4m minimum (10-13 foot).

At very high level there is no audible fatigue.

A good product, to be diy improved in the future (best driver for the PT, and rigidity improvement of the enclosure).

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.