drivers for B&W ASW 855

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi every one , have an eye on 4 peieces of drivers for B&W ASW855, its 1000 watts sealed and is equivalent to 600 USD, its a 1000 watt driver with 15 inch dia, i intend to purchase them for diy .

B&W ASW855

the other option is a pair of 12 inch wilson audio watch dog drivers,,,,, which i have with me on loan/trial basis from a friend, its vented design with unknown design. its dual spider and 400 watt capable.its 1200 USD each Wilson Audio: WATCH System (WATCH Dog Passive Subwoofer)
and you can see the driver here as well
SoundStage! Equipment Review - Wilson Audio Specialties WATCH Dog Subwoofer (4/2002)

so in terms of money 4 , 15 inch B&W , 4000watts total with known seasl design would cost same as 2, 12 inch Wilson with 800 watts total with unknown design paramers....

Amplification power is no issue, nor is equilization. was wondering which way to go 4x15 inch would be a good benefit for easy pushing into low spectrum, but there is something in the 12 inch wilson driver which always attracts me back to it.

sugestions please? space and palcement is not issue need a balance between SQ and lowest octaves SPL

just got pictures of the B&W ASW855 driver...... the build quality is top notch but i am wondering single stack magnet.....wondering what would be its Xliner and Xmax its 400 GBP per piece, 1000W. here is the link of ASW 855 disammbled

HTGuide Forum - Inside the ASW855

Now here is wilson audio, its 1200 USD per piece, 400 watts , with 3 inch peak excusion, but good for ported, note its triple stacked magnets...dual spieders very confused. here is the link

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/m/images/product_thor4a.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.