box for Peerless 830515

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok as you see in the title i have the peerless 830515 12inch car subwoofer driver. i plan on using it for HT use. now i have been playing around with winisd and have come up with a 86.14 ltr vented box and tuned to 28.2hz. this is my first build ever and this is only my first real estimate at what im going to build. ill upload pics and links. basically if anyone out there can reply and tell me if ive done it right and if not could you tell me how to do it right. im a total noob at speaker box building. so hopefully i wont get to many lectures :p. anyways i hope to get some reply's. thankyou

many regards mitch

Speaker driver

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Box.png
    Box.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Port.png
    Port.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 125
  • SPL.png
    SPL.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 127
As long as you don't use more than 100w that should be fine. The chuff limit on that port is 11 m/s. at 25hz. with a 6.5mm radius flair. 25mm flair moves the chuff limit up to 15m/s and 180w rms. you will need a high pass filter on the sub amp set to 20hz.

if you need more things to tinker with go here: http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/design/index.htm

get 'Flair-it' and 'Boxnotes'. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.