(1) 15" sub (2) 15" PR's 18.7 hz build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a sub i designed n built. I used a re-built 15" RE SE sub with two maelstrom 15" passive radiators. Tuned the box to 18.7 hz and modified a Bash 500 with resistors to turn the stock 30hz high pass filter to +4 db at 18.7hz.

Attachments

• newworldaudio 1.jpg
    newworldaudio 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 227
  • newworldaudio 2.jpg
    newworldaudio 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 209
  • newworldaudio 3.jpg
    newworldaudio 3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 207
  • newworldaudio 6.jpg
    newworldaudio 6.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 75
  • newworldaudio 5.jpg
    newworldaudio 5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 201
  • newworldaudio 4.jpg
    newworldaudio 4.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 201
  • newworldaudio 7.jpg
    newworldaudio 7.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 49
  • newworldaudio 8.jpg
    newworldaudio 8.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 49
  • newworldaudio 9.jpg
    newworldaudio 9.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 49
  • newworldaudio 10.jpg
    newworldaudio 10.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 68
Really nice construction! :wiz:

I use a isobarik 15" with Maelstrom PR myself--wanna trade? ;) You sub is what I would really like but my wife would kick my butt out of the house. The sheer size, depth and weight of the monster should take care of any rocking issues from the front panel. :eek:

What main speakers do you match it with?

Thank you. And yes cause of the weight and spikes i think also id dosnt shake or viberate at all. I did a test run before braces curious of sound changes without then with bracing and it made a huge difference. Right now for mains im using Alesis monitor 2's three ways. But im looking on building some mains. Just cant figure out what. I want floor standing. Maybe statements i duno. Any suggestions??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.