TL sub project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the new model guys

Attachments

• 15 THA BPTL V.2 3d.jpg
    15 THA BPTL V.2 3d.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 15 THA VTTL V.2 3d.jpg
    15 THA VTTL V.2 3d.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 273
Happy new year.

Yes I think I understand what you mean.
It's a in the middle box.
What I think I see from the measurements is that the bandwidth of the port response is wider.
It looks roughly that the horn stops at around 70Hz and the port takes over and delivers down to the low 40:s and even below.
For me it doesn't matter if it doesn't have the highest sensitivity, i'll just build more if it comes to that. :)

What would be the best program that is able to simulate a response from that kind of box?
6th order bandpass with flared port.
Or does anyone know how to calculate the response with math?

the new model guys

Concerning the first image, I think you'll need more bracing at the points in front of and behind the driver. For example, I would not make the top panel removable of there is enough space for me to fit the driver through the mouth and screw it into place. Instead I'd firmly brace that panel by cross-bracing it to the baffle board holding the driver. And as for the baffle board, I'd double up on it and countersink the driver so it always lines up perfectly with the cutout, as even a minor leak around this area will significantly impact the low frequency performance.

See attached image for an example of what I'm talking about wrt the baffle board.

Attachments

• 20131229-phantasmo-2.jpg
    20131229-phantasmo-2.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 256
Happy new year.

What I think I see from the measurements is that the bandwidth of the port response is wider.
It looks roughly that the horn stops at around 70Hz and the port takes over and delivers down to the low 40:s and even below.
For me it doesn't matter if it doesn't have the highest sensitivity, i'll just build more if it comes to that. :)

What would be the best program that is able to simulate a response from that kind of box?

namaste SlaitH

busy a little. namaste that india often use. hundu man often talk to me. thai people use namaskar but only use with the buddha n buddist monks. the meaning are the same. some my model cant sim by program at all but the program can help. some box i designed from my experience. ever built to sell in the past. i had the free time to tested because that. i could archive a lot. sometime its not has parameter drv. only a one box i cant still archive. its bp8. might i dont hv parameter. bp6 its so well. bp8 the sound is less transient. guy ignorance can stop by the knowledge. learn from the experience of friends on here. its easy to cross over the mistake. lot of friends found the mistake before we do. example now i hv the problem. steele suggested me about bracing in the top panel. but i didnt want a lot of bracing. i solvedthe problem below. this make the knowledge

1.problem (bass wasnt performance)
2.the cause of problem? (might be less bracing or remembered to steele suggesttion)
3.how to stop the problem(might try bracing again)
4.the method when bracing.

i adapt with the bd teaching. most of my time learnt from doing n see the experience on here. guy u can archive by urself as the same. if u hv lot of trying. i bring a pic for show. dcr box i learnt from steele. and i did with no parameter drv last year. my friend was surprised with the cab. he use for hifi. now he order dayton drv for built 3 ways n he ask me about the cab. try it until be successful guy :)

Attachments

• GNCont.jpg
    GNCont.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 223
Concerning the first image, I think you'll need more bracing at the points in front of and behind the driver. For example, I would not make the top panel removable of there is enough space for me to fit the driver through the mouth and screw it into place. Instead I'd firmly brace that panel by cross-bracing it to the baffle board holding the driver. And as for the baffle board, I'd double up on it and countersink the driver so it always lines up perfectly with the cutout, as even a minor leak around this area will significantly impact the low frequency performance.

See attached image for an example of what I'm talking about wrt the baffle board.

thank steele, may i will change the removable to the front. it maybe easy for bracing. ok i will try again until i feel the bass is performance.:)

in the winter guy. i bought some product from china. thermometer for measure the temperature. the price is 0.6 dollars. also bought classic lamplight n tea cup. about 80 km is far from my town. the temperrature is 0 c. in the morning can see the ice on the ground. i checked the temperature in my town. 18-22 c still be ok.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

_H7BTljLgIT-HBLGDhYBQAU61hULga33la1PruL3jE0=w465-h620-no

Happy new year.

HR can model the box both ways. Easiest is flh with vented rear. You can use the compound horn function for bp6 with flared front port.

Thanks Thawach and namaste :)

Thanks guys for the info
I think I found a lot of info thread on hornresp on here.

BP1Fanatic: Yes flh with vented rear is what i normaly use to make the calculations.
But since the port is in the mouth I will definitely try compund horn to make somekind of bp6 sim.
Thanks again.

Hello Thawach, which program do you use to draw the enclosures ? how do you calculate the folding ? regards Marc

hi all
apology marc i didnt come a long time. i got a lot of problems. lot of businesses failure. sometime went to the hospital the doctor said the uric acid is high. and my internet i used very slow until now i change the new isp. marc the program i draw i use google sketch up. the first i was practice i use autocad. i saw from centauriaudio. but it seems a bit difficult . the last time i learnt with soho. soho use google sketch up very good. marc u can use the hornresp calculate the folding. often practice u can do as the same. all the thing depend of time to archive.

regards :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.