TL sub project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like you had no shortage of labor building the THA F horns!

Back in the mid 1980s I designed a cabinet very similar to your design, with two or four 15" per box, called the L2 and L4. Just ran the design through Hornresp to see what they actually could do with the power we had back then, it ran out of Xmax at about 245 watts per cone, which is about what the Crest 8001 amps could deliver.

The L4 tuning (about 45Hz) was lower than your box, but they kicked like crazy considering the low power and short Xmax (6.4mm) of the speakers used. We had 28 L4 cabinets, though the most we used at once was 20.

Be sure to use a HP just below your box tuning, or the speakers may develop some holes if you play anything loud and low ;).

i recommend my friends build and test for diy people whe have less money. some pics i get them from the diy feed back. most of difficult is the short xmax because the cheap drivers, yes hp helps a lot. all the drivers drive 200 w will be ok. my plan likes the d&b c4 but after i simed the d&b c4 i was not satisfy. because i wanted to hit the db. the design isn't too low because its easy to make the problem with the excursion. many und many diys are satisfy the tha f horn v.1 i see ur plan seems like 2 drv in one box. like the eaw with v shape , it looks ok u have the good work as the same.:)

dbc4%2520md%2520modify%2520ii.jpg

i recommend my friends build and test for diy people whe have less money. some pics i get them from the diy feed back. most of difficult is the short xmax because the cheap drivers, yes hp helps a lot. all the drivers drive 200 w will be ok. my plan likes the d&b c4 but after i simed the d&b c4 i was not satisfy. because i wanted to hit the db. the design isn't too low because its easy to make the problem with the excursion. many und many diys are satisfy the tha f horn v.1 i see ur plan seems like 2 drv in one box. like the eaw with v shape , it looks ok u have the good work as the same.:)

dbc4%2520md%2520modify%2520ii.jpg

Thawach

Can you post the hornresp sim data for this design

Thanks

update agian the video about tl sub that i posted at the first first pages. now hv a free time to take der video. sorry the sound on video isnt loud. use the Zhao Peng audiophile album, in thailand this cd is expensive. der link the price is bath unit. now 1 us dol about 31 bath. but ok the sound recording is the best und i like this song.

audiophile,???????,cd,lp,sacd,hdcd,???????,????????,??????

TL Subwoofer - YouTube

today i try to draw the bracing on my tha comp horn cab. see it many times. will ok, der vibration seems change to non vibration. und here is the graph respond. tha comp are building now und close to finish. please wait about 1 day 2 minutes 3 sec.. it will coming soon.

Attachments

• thacph.jpg
    thacph.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 101
  • thacphgr.jpg
    thacphgr.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 179
hello friends today is songkran day in thailand (new year) all the place people play the water this pics i post the songkran day in Myanmar. they played be4 thailand about 2 days but in thailand songkran day @12-15 april all the years. many europes or america people have a lot of funny in songkran day in chiangmai or another places. if possible i will take the pics in this day but the problem the cameras dont like the water. ok friends u can see the pics below ,und i have the back ground from old music when u see all pics but u must change ur mind these pics is near bangkok.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
enjoy....

One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head - YouTube

431363_244452628981441_100002501168494_531999_1505740528_n.jpg

423975_244351385658232_100002501168494_531795_1572911844_n.jpg

576268_207056729408738_633599791_n.jpg

have the pics tha comp port horn play in para rubber tree. yes all friends help a lot because would like it play in songkran days. 2 days 4 boxes 15 cyclops 1 pair und tha comp port horn 1 pair. we want to hear the sound of tha comp port horn. only finish one box and quickly to play. the day we compare with RCF esw1080,cyclops15,tha comp port horn. this the logo do the first.

05.jpg

Last edited:
after finished we went to this place @ para rubber tree in the forest. no have the noise more than any studio reccording. if u go to play alone sure that! u can decrease the noise a lot believe me u forget the other noise sometime u can see the tiger and all animals.

image-EB37_4F85D252.jpg

image-37A6_4F85CFC3.jpg

image-3BDA_4F85CFC3.jpg

image-2255_4F85D252.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.