Sub for fe127e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a pair of fe127e that have been running for 2 years in a dbr enclosure with a diy SE 6L6. Though, the lack of bass is obvious and I now want to build a good subwoofer.
I would like to build one with integrated amp as well as integrated crossover, but I absolutely don't know which driver to choose and which amp to use with it. My room is 3m x 4m and I mostly listen to rock, reggae, classical music (violin and piano) and voices. Pretty much everyting in fact except electronic or techno. So I want it to be accurate and punchy.

Two things I care about: the price shouldn't exceed 400$ without the cabinet and the latter shouldn't be bigger than a 500mm cube.

What are your suggestions ?
Thanks
Simon

I'd highly suggest something like the Creative sound solutions Trio 12 driver, and the PR kit. For performance, there isn't much that comes close for the dollar.

Creative Sound - Product Details

It hits your size requirements, and cost requirements. The amp is pre-modded to work with a 20" and the supplied PR. a True 500w BASH amp to boot.

You'd be hard pressed to find the a reliable 500w amp and driver for the price of this kit.

The driver is also XBL^2 enabled, which keeps it running clean up to about 150hz. Making it blend with those full ranges very easily.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.