Help about Bass Bins

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am amplifier constrictor, but I dont know much about speakres and that stuff and I whant your help if somehow is possible about something.

I have 4 pieces of 15" 450W speakers and I want to build 4 bass bins for it. That speakers have good quality, and they made in my country Serbia.

- Can this speaker work as bass bins?

- Do you have any suggestion for speaker box?

- I only have this parametars and its imposibile to get more informations about this speaker.

Thanks and regards
Nikola

Attachments

• Zvunik 16.jpg
    Zvunik 16.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 177
I am amplifier constructor, but I dont know much about speakrs and that stuff and I whant your help if somehow is possible about something.I have 4 pieces of 15" 450W speakers and I want to build 4 bass bins for it. That speakers have good quality, and they made in my country Serbia. - Can this speaker work in bass bins?- Do you have any suggestion for speaker box?- I only have this parametars and its imposibile to get more informations about this speaker.Thanks & regards.Nikola

Hi there: Do you have the the V4 (4 ohm) version or the V8(8ohm) version? If the driver is not marked, do you have access to an ohm meter to find Re the voice coil resistance? Re (and Xmax) are needed to input into a speaker enclosure program. You can compare currently marketed pro audio speakers T/S parameters with the ones in your data sheet, by calling up Partsexpress.com and click on speakers, then pro audio. Without Re and Xmax, we can not give you an accurate box recommendations. regards, Michael

Yes its mid/bass speaker. I dont know Re, nobady know, I asked lot of people who worked with this spekar but Xmax is around 4mm. My version is V8 with 8ohm

This is 2way spekar with this bass. Maybe can help his dimensions

Attachments

• Aston 300.jpg
    Aston 300.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 152
Measure the voice coil of the driver with an ohm meter to find Re.

Vas is good so the enclosure won't be too big, it would be good to know Qes but assuming it's similar to Qts and with ha fairly low Fs you would be best to make a reflex design. Extension will be sacrificed mainly due to Xmax being low, effciency should be fairly good if you don't go down much lower than 50Hz.

At a guess I would say 120l box tuned to 45Hz, that is only a guess!

Edit - would be nice to have more parameters, Re might be a round 6.9ohm.

Last edited:
Yes thats corect. My calculation is 118l with tuning freq on 45Hz.

So we resolved main probelem, can anyone help me about dimensions of the box. I know to made and calculate box with bas reflex port pipe, but I want this box (like on the picture) and I dont know calculaton for slot port box, I serach on the web but I don't understand, so please help me

But its important to be hight max 50cm and width max 45cm. Depth of the box is not important, ofcource inner dimension of the box

Thanks and Regards

Attachments

• slot.jpg
    slot.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I used some online colculator and its calculate 118l. I dont know, 60L is maybe
too small, my hi fi speaker with 8" bass has 60l :) Now I am confused :).

Hi,

The numbers indicate a 60L box tuned to 40Hz would work fine.
This is not an alignment suggested by a dumb calculator, its mine,
its a balance of compact size, power handling and bass extension.

However Fs, Vas and Mms are inconsistent unless the cone area is 680cm^2.
This is very unlikely, should be around 850cm^2, this gives a Vas of ~ 150L,
or Fs is higher, 49 Hz, or some combination, Mms is unlikely to be wrong.

If one assumes Vas is 150L then the box becomes 90L tuned to 40Hz.
If one assumes Fs is 50Hz, the above box doesn't need to change.

Ideally you need to measure the Fs of the driver, not difficult.

rgds, sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.