How to turn a DVC to an SVC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dvc coil measurements

How do I go about testing the resistance of the coil? I hook it up to my multimeter set to ohms but nothing happens.

Hi there: A dvc will have two sets of connectors, one located on each side of the basket. Each of the two coils will be factory hooked-up to one of the of the connector sets. There is no faqctory connection between the two sides.
First test your meter for operation by shorting the leads together, you should see 0 ohms, if the meter is working (older VOM meters need to be zero adjusted). Now connect the a meter lead to the connectors of one set (one side of the basket) If the coil is intact, read the ohms. (not good if there is 0 ohms) Do the same for the other side. (hopefully you will get a reading on one side, if so you can use the speaker as is with the one coil, at the measured Re). ...regards, Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.