Ideas on small subwoofer design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have some difficulties finding the right driver for my new project.
I really hope that you might be able to help.

The project is about building a very small portable speaker set this time, in combination with an as high as possible sound quality.
As you would probably expect, the problem lies with the bass production.
I understand that a small subwoofer will never be able to produce low frequencies as well as a slightly bigger one, however my goal is to come as close as possible.

I need to fulfill these specs of the subwoofer/woofer in order to benefit from the subwoofer design:
- Outer diameter 2.0-2.5 inch (limited by design)
- 4 ohm impedance
- Xmax >= 3mm
- SPL >= 79 dB/W, 1 meter
- Power >= 5 WRMS

Especially the first parameter must lie within the given range, although I know this is a very hard to find (3-inch would have been far more easy, I know..).
So far, I only found the following subwoofer, which limits my possible design choices drastically:
- Audio dayton ND65-4

Does someone know what other loudspeakers on the market fulfill my specifications?
Or maybe any brand I should check out?

Any ideas will be deeply appreciated,

Nico

In the PE on-line......I think these would work better TB-W3-18765 , 3" sub, Fs 55 Htz, but only 76 Db@1W/1M @ Four Ohm. At A Qtc of .707 this would be an enclosure cube at 3.12 inches internal. The two inch version runs at 90 Htz for Fs.....really too high to do any good. Plus..the 2" version is set at Appx.$45.the 3" version, $30.

_______________________________________________________Rick..............

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.