wilson audio :watch dog subwoofer drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok all , sorry for delayed response was away out of country.

Just took up the measurements.
Fs=41 Hz !!!!!!
Qts=0.55
Qms=7.0
Qes=0.59

I put it in a sealed box of Vb=82 litre and Fb=44.5 Hz giving VAS=14.8 litres

Now 14.8 L is small Vas, the driver sensitivity around 88. WinISD gave me 1.44 cubic feet with 30 Hz tunning ??????for c4.sc4 chebyschev...for most output in 30-40 hz range which is good enough for music. for below 30 Hz i have to go extended bass shelf. ??

BUT the wison watch dog is actually around 4.8 cubic feet external. with bracing, port and separate box for amp i expect it to be around 3 cu feet or around 140 L. BUT winISD gave me 1.44 cubic feet ??? with 4,6 inch tube going 32 inch long ????

HELP HERE please

You want the Fs to double, so shrink that box down much smaller, if you want a meaningful Vas measurement. That said, it does seem like a tiny Vas.

Ok all , sorry for delayed response was away out of country.

Just took up the measurements.
Fs=41 Hz !!!!!!
Qts=0.55
Qms=7.0
Qes=0.59

I put it in a sealed box of Vb=82 litre and Fb=44.5 Hz giving VAS=14.8 litres

Now 14.8 L is small Vas, the driver sensitivity around 88. WinISD gave me 1.44 cubic feet with 30 Hz tunning ??????for c4.sc4 chebyschev...for most output in 30-40 hz range which is good enough for music. for below 30 Hz i have to go extended bass shelf. ??

BUT the wison watch dog is actually around 4.8 cubic feet external. with bracing, port and separate box for amp i expect it to be around 3 cu feet or around 140 L. BUT winISD gave me 1.44 cubic feet ??? with 4,6 inch tube going 32 inch long ????

HELP HERE please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.