wilson audio :watch dog subwoofer drivers - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2011, 01:09 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Yes, you can do magnet >< magnet inside the cabinet and reverse the polarity of the driver inside the sub making them move in the same direction. (remember as you double the mass and not the cone area, you need half the cabinet volumen) My guess is that you can move them a wee bit closer by having their fronts pointing the same direction as the magnet of the front driver probably can be relatively close to the driver behind it. But you need to figure that out having them in your hands. Good news is that they are 8ohm bastards which means that a single current capable amp can drive both.
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:37 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

these dimensions gives us 5.6 cuft internal volume as stated above .... minus bracing and port (slot displacment) i think we would come around 5.2 cuft. there are two slots in the orignal design http://www.wilsonaudio.com/product_watch_specs.shtml which i think are 8 inch x 2 inch in cross section....... whats inside would remain a mystery? so sealed or ported or sloted????
Old 2nd August 2011, 03:54 PM   #23
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Those are not Thiele Small parameters- which are what you need for the job. I'd assume the wilson design tunes to about 20.
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:27 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Google Images&
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:30 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:29 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

want pull push like this one for ultimate SQ, planning to drive them in parrallel i.e 2 ohm and powering them with some vintage krell ksa series amplifer in bridge mode!!!!Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:30 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default these are the wilson watch dog drivers. dual spider. 400 w /rms /8 ohm each

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddasirwaheedmalik View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd August 2011, 07:50 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Bridging amps doesnŽt generate improved current capabilities which is what you usually want if you parallel two woofers. If you apply the Krell sub approach with these WA woofers youŽll need around 280L volume, so the thing is getting pretty big as you are doing the opposite than a compound configuration and just parallel them... I thought you said they were 8ohm drivers, hence you get 4ohm with two in parallel, but the amp "sees" 2 ohm if you bridge it...
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:46 AM   #29
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Wilson Audio

You might be also interested in this thread Mix-and-match subwoofering

I posted about Wilson Audio in there.
Old 3rd August 2011, 03:30 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

ok. we leave the amplification subject aside for the time......any conclusive recommendation of either going sealed or ported ?

Hide this!Advertise here!