Dayton Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On Parts express it seems they think rather highly of the Dayton audio drivers, i was just curious what the consumers think? the look nice, and the paramaters seem pretty respectable as well, but i dont notice these to really be the choice on this forum? any reasons? More specifically the reference series high fidelity drivers. They also seem very reasonable on price. What to you guys think, that have had the opportunities to work with them?

I agree, excellent drivers especially for the price. One problem is that many members of the forum are not located in the US and have a hard time sourcing them. I've used them and if you can get around their high frequency breakup, they're really good. I like an electronic crossover (8th order) and the result is spectacular.

I'd give them my recommendation. I'm listening to some Dayton 8" FR now. There's a big thread currently about the FR PS220. I haven't heard their subs, but I have no reason to think negatively of them. You're not paying for Lowther detail, so you don't get Lowther detail. And house brand is correct. If I remember right, Part Express was located in Dayton until they moved to their new digs in Springboro, a few miles south.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.