The Othorn tapped horn

Attachments

• kane_clap.GIF
    kane_clap.GIF
    47.5 KB · Views: 568
Hallo!
I'm new to the forum. Thanks to the administrator for signing up.
I made two TH 18. I used Faith pro 18xl1500 8ohm. Feelings are very good. They will be used to perform live music in the open air or in larger halls.

Attachments

• IMG_6441.JPG
    IMG_6441.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_6440.JPG
    IMG_6440.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 504
Hi. I'm using the b&c 21sw152-4
I'm looking for all of the things you just asked.
High pass. Low pass and EQ points. Also what amps do you find work better with these with the recommended drivers?
Thanks.

Ok.
I always used a high pass filter that was a 18dB octave Butterworth at about 23Hz. Low pass depends on preference and the mains used with it but a 24dB/Octave Butterworth or LR in the range of 70-90Hz works well as a start. Again this might be adjusted according to your tastes. The cab is useful with just the high and low pass filters in many cases. If you want to further tweak the sound try these filters together as a start. Adjust to taste.

Filter at 107Hz / Q10.0 / -8dB cut
Filter at 165Hz / Q10.0 / -8dB cut
Filter at 72Hz / Q2.5 / 2dB boost

Amplifier power recommendation is between 1000 to 4000w per cab. 2500 to 3000w rated amplifiers seem to be about the sweet spot. a 4000w rated amplifier is beginning to get into a dangerous place for the driver if driven hard enough over a long time with compressed material. Limit voltage to 120 to 125v ( About 170v if it is a peak setting.) If there is a long term power limiter available this can be set to a lower voltage if the material is extremely demanding for long periods like EDM. As always I encourage experimentation.

I hope this helps.

Good day. Thank you very much for the info josh. Once again extremely helpful in pointing me in the right direction.
I ordered a sound barrier 8000 that his the exact same thing as the lad 14000 with a few tweaks. I think this would be enough to drive both cabs I have.
Thanks again.

Good day to all. Just a quick question.
Has anyone used two of these othorns along with two th18s ?
I have this combination and will tone them differently crossover wise but would like to know
If I would need to delay the othorns due to the longer path in the horn. Thank you for any info any of you can give.

Good day to all. Just a quick question.
Has anyone used two of these othorns along with two th18s ?
I have this combination and will tone them differently crossover wise but would like to know
If I would need to delay the othorns due to the longer path in the horn. Thank you for any info any of you can give.

If anything, you'd probably be delaying the TH-18s, as the Othorn has a longer path length of the two.