Sub Stuffing - Aussie supplier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have been looking around in Sydney for about 1.5 kg of polyfill for my sub. I can only find some in a haberdashery store for about $13 per 100gms. That makes for an expensive sub filler. Can't find any in hardware stores. Where do you Aussie guys get your polyfill? Is there a cheaper supplier? Or should I look at an alternative stuffing, any suggestions (prefer not glass wool)?

Bigkid, Jaycar have had the stuff on special for $AU5.75 for 1000mmx700mm, it is 350g/sqm or about 245g/sheet.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Something you could considered is spray on dampening, Septone does a can of the stuff for under $AU10 for 400g, It's a bitumem coating that's ment for automotive use sound dampening and I use it under my dampening sheets, it's easy to unload a can of this stuff inside a subwoofer and get the hard to reach bits. It also acts as a sealer if your caulking is not 100%

NOT TO BE USED ON CORPSES, LOL :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You can get it from Super-Cheap Auto or Marlos

Septone

Thanks for the Septone info Superass, I'll give it a try;
as for the polyester, you can get it for free from old lounge suites that people have thrown out....if you're a real tightarse like me...
1 lounge suite has enough for several projects
cheers,
Pete McK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.