Questions about LAT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay so I have a 1981 Camaro and it has a very small trunk and I just happen to see a lat. It is my first time hearing of them and ive been looking around for some reviews and stuff like that. I see that the alpine lats come with a pre installed amp which is what i would like but i dont see it happening any time soon.

But anyways I see this tymphany lat 700 for sale and I was wondering if anybody could answer my qustions for it?

The first one is does it come with an amp installed or will I need to buy a new one? And if so does it have to be 8 ohms or 16 ohms like they say they are?

Does it need a box or just the way it is?

And has anybody heard these before do they sound alright?

Thank you

LAT drivers are just the same as any other driver in application, as Gooki says you need a box and an amp.

There was a lot of misleading hype surrounding this technology, but the swings and roundabouts of physics still remain. You want lots of deep loud bass? You are going to need a big driver in a big box!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.