What sort of subwoofer do i need??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I recently bought a Canton plus s speakerset (4 speakers and a Centerspeaker) at ebay, this set is made in Germany in the ninetys. The subwoofer, that came with the set is not active, so i want to buy a active subwoofer.
The set is connected to my Onkyo tx sr607 receiver.

This are the specs are: Canton Plus S - left / right channel speakers
General
Right/left channel speaker : 4.7 in x 3.9 in x 8.1 in
Speaker System
System Components
2 speakers
Speaker Type
2-way - passive
Nominal (RMS) Output Power
40 Watt
Response Bandwidth
45 - 26000 Hz
Input Impedance
4/8 Ohm
Sensitivity
87.2 dB
2 x right/left channel speaker - 2-way - 40 Watt - 45 - 26000 Hz - 4/8 Ohm - wired
Driver Details
Right/left channel speaker : 1 x tweeter driver - 25mm - woven
Right/left channel speaker : 1 x mid/woofer driver - 110mm - paper

Center:
Bauart: 2-Wege Baßreflex Centerlautsprecher
Chassis:
Tiefton 2x 110 mm
Hochton 25 mm Alu-Mangan-Kalotte
Belastbarkeit: 60/100 Watt (Sinus/Musik)
Wirkungsgrad: 87,5 dB
Übertragungsbereich: 40 - 30.000 Hz
Übergangsbereiche: 3.000 Hz
Impedanz: 4 Ohm

Can somebody please give me some advice what sort of subwoofer fit with this set.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:
Subwoofer size is dictated by the room, so you may want to include how big your room is.

Also do you want to build your own sub or do you just want to buy a built sub, if building your own sub, your at the right place, if not you may want to go to a different forum that concentrates on built subs like AVS forums

Answers

Here some answers to your questions:

My livingroom is 30 square meters and i will use this set to listen music and watch movies.

I want to listen to music at a reasable volume and do not want to blow out my windows.

Maybe i am at the wrong forum, cause i will not build my own sub
But maybe can somebody give me some advice what to look for.

Thanks anyway,

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.