modifications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a commercially made subwoofer which I'm happy with however I would like to see if there are any modifications I can do to perhaps improve it. It uses two 12 inch drive units in a sealed cabinet powered by an amp also built into it. I was considering using better drive units but I probably wont be able to find out the specification of the drive units. Is it still possible?

If not can I use better damping than the polyester inside? or add damping material either inside or outside the cabinet?

Hi,

Better drive units will not be cost effective, your stuck with two spare drivers.

Subs are so simple they are hard to improve, you can increase the stuffing.

The only major improvements possible are electrical, bass boost really low
down and possibly a notch filter to deal with the major room mode peak.

rgds, sreten.

Unless you have crappy drivers....:D

if your going this route, what you need to do is compute the volume of the enclosure that you have and look for drivers that suits that enclosure.

You may even pull out the driver, post it here and someone might recognized it..

Hi,

Better drive units will not be cost effective, your stuck with two spare drivers.

Subs are so simple they are hard to improve, you can increase the stuffing.

The only major improvements possible are electrical, bass boost really low
down and possibly a notch filter to deal with the major room mode peak.

rgds, sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.