This is ridiculous WOW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is no way you could get away with this here in the US (sound regs n all)

Check This Out CAMINHÃO TREME-TREME 2010 IMBATIVEL

There has got to be a better way
:happy2: , they need to learn about some of these exotic type boxes we all have grown to love

A wall of woofers looks impressive, but a single horn loaded sub can often replace a pile of poorly designed vented boxes. I'll admit this makes for an interesting video, but in the real world it would get smoked by a pile of prosound horns.

Can you say comb filtering?

Actually, not so much below 100 Hz in the nearfleld since the hypotenuses don't add up to an appreciable portion of the wavelength unless the drivers are far enough to have the level drop as a function of distance squared.

Say you're 50' feet away from a 10' stack - 50^2 + 10^2 = 2600, or about the square of 51, which means you'd get a null from drivers at the very edge at about 500 Hz, against drivers dead on axis - and the front of the cabinet is encrusted with speakers, so the path lengths are all different. The further speakers do start interfering closer in, but if you're really close to the array then the far speakers are relatively quieter than the ones right in your face.

In the far field, the problem simplifies to a diffraction grating where the interference is a function of the spacing between each source instead of the overall length.

Diffraction grating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not saying interference isn't a problem higher up - I've hear the most marvelous phasing effects while walking by tweeter arrays - but lower down it's not an issue.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.