Mcm 8" 55-2421 Ts parameter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
speakers in

speakers.jpg

These drivers are fun to work with, big magnet and long throw VC. I had one suspend on a cord the other day and did a generator sweep, pretty darn smooth (no mic). 25 to 80hz anyway; that’s all I wanted to know and didn’t go higher.

I bought 10 about 10 years ago, most of them are still working. I let friends/family use some of them and couple of the spiders came lose. But that said, I think the spider is a little taller/bigger now AND glued/repaired the ones that came lose.

They had a one year warranty back then; it may only be 30days now.

I think they came lose in the first place because they were playing them too loud, and flipping through channels, over extending the cone.

I never had a problem here; been using some for the 10 years and they work/look fine.

Can't be long now Kornnylike.

i fired it up

So last night I ran some 35hz to a 100hz through the bass horn it sound so sweet. I also rrun a frequencey sweep through the bass horn you can hear the difference as the frequencey change. When I get the spl meter I will put up some numbers. This bass horn sounds really good for the size speaker it use.

Thanks to epa and jbell

Epa check your pm

:cheers:good news
measurments wood be nice for comparison,but the most importent question is ,do you like what you hear.:D

atm i have a cold so the other one have to wait a few days.
to answer your q about the tapered pannels,just cut the tapered bit of and leave it like that.
or replace the tapered parts wit foam(roofmate or such):)

46" high isn't good ,the mouth becomes to small
basicly if you want 4 speakers in it wil have to become about twice as big as this one.
why not stack 2 of these on the side(or 3 or 4:D)
4 wil be 6' wich is perfect for tops over the audiance

wheels on this one and example with 4
korny%20wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.