40Hz TH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FWIW,

If you can tolerate max ~115dB at 2Pi or ~125dB/1m,f-3dB=~28 Hz to~100Hz and no HPF, you could build a 217L(~7.67 cu.ft) T-TQWT intended primarily for music use.

My case targeted a music mixing studio.

Early build pictures and simulations I followed:

b:)

PS: I have 4 320L 3m TH:s in the pipe, also using th 3015 LF driver.(No pictures yet).

Attachments

• E.K-lite-3015LF_T-TQWT_as-is.JPG
    E.K-lite-3015LF_T-TQWT_as-is.JPG
    604.7 KB · Views: 1,224
  • LF3015-T-TQWT.JPG
    LF3015-T-TQWT.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,209
Last edited:
Hi Dag
Thanks for the drawings :D
Unfortunately the dimensions given are not complete enough to build your design.
I have added your dimensions to a sketch, and the panels that are not completely defined in space are in blue.:confused:
The other sketch shows some dimensions to add, if you want others to build your design as you intended.
Kind Regards
Martin (Xoc1)

Attachments

• Dag 15TH Sk.jpg
    Dag 15TH Sk.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 521
  • Dag 15TH Sk 2.jpg
    Dag 15TH Sk 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 477
Hi Dag
Thanks for the drawings :D
Unfortunately the dimensions given are not complete enough to build your design.
I have added your dimensions to a sketch, and the panels that are not completely defined in space are in blue.:confused:
The other sketch shows some dimensions to add, if you want others to build your design as you intended.
Kind Regards
Martin (Xoc1)

Martin, you are absolutely right!:eek:
I will fill in the numbers later today, thanks for the sketch.

Dag

Yeah I am just learning the rule and it seams that these are as good as it is ever going to get for its size. I am very impressed, 35hz is very good and it seams to me that a single ss15 is more like 45hz(single) but with more spl. I think this design is a winner for me at least :) and at a guess the weight would be similar.

It's just a rough guess. But a high powered cabinet should be braced So bracing and a dense high quality 3/4" (Baltic or apple ply) weighs a good bit more than 1/2".

One 4x8 sheet of 3/4" is about 75lbs. The lab 15 driver is 27. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is a single sheet design.

Last edited:
It is constructed from 15mm and 18mm plywood.
The total weight is around 105Lbs.
@ reminence:
I would not recomend Lab-12 in this design, the result is too bumpy, even when narowing the internal width to 16 inches.
Anyway, these cabs are easy to drag around, play loud even if you use only one.
It seems to play deeper than they simulate.
(either that or im too used to listen to double 18's :D )

Dag

I think the size is more of a problem to carry it. It would really kill your back to lift this thing in such an awkward position. I've lifted my TH-18's by myself but I'm 240lbs lol it wasn't easy. And after doing it once I said never again and fitted it with casters.
Just use casters there's a perfect spot for them to attach to the lower rear of the cabinet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.