40Hz TH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vented/bass-reflex or front loaded horns? And which model(s) are you comparing them to?

I have swapped back and forth with SB1000, which is about 35% bigger in volume.
I did not meassure it, but i estimate the difference to be around 6-7dB's in favour of the tapped horn.
I'm not sure, but i think SB1000 is a 4ohm subwoofer.

I have also compared it to a homemade box with 2 Eminence 3015LF same size, and i have to say, the difference is huge in the 35-40Hz region.

Dag

11072012724.jpg

So, measurements any day now..:)
Any inputs apreciated.
White noise, sine sweep?
2,83volt or 28,3?
I will use Ipad with calibrated mic, Audiotools app.

How far from nearest building?

Dag

So, measurements any day now..:)
Any inputs apreciated.
White noise, sine sweep?
2,83volt or 28,3?
I will use Ipad with calibrated mic, Audiotools app.

How far from nearest building?

Dag
Dag,

Nice looking build!
28.3 volts sine sweep at 10 meters would be good if you can get several wavelengths (20 meters or more) away from any buildings.

Tests of 1, 2, 4 and 8 cabinets would be nice. The cabinets should be brought out and stacked in that order, as surrounding cabinets, unplugged or shorted have an effect on response.

Art

Really nice build, even if they're not THAM's :)

Looking forward to the measurements and thank's for sharing, this is why I fawouur open community development where the knowledge is free and shared, the best way by far, compared to the locked in proprietary models.

Hoppas allt går bra med mätningarna, vem vet, kanske hör något avlägset muller här i Göteborg :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.