Time to update www.diysubwoofers.org

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Google have just released their "+1" code, so I guess it's time to update my website, The Subwoofer DIY Page. It's been awhile since its last update. Any constructive suggestions for improvement would be more than welcome.

Things I'm considering at the moment:

1. Section on 1/4 wave designs (replacing the current "transmission line" section)
2. A "how-to" on using HornResp as a design tool
3. Links to other design tools that are a bit more powerful than the spreadsheet tools currently offered on the site
4. A project submission and rating page (that might take quite a bit of work to complete though!)

Finally, if you know of any good DIY subwoofer projects documented online, let me know and I'll include links to them off the relevant pages on the site.

Toward Mr. Droke's suggestion, perhaps you should include a page on Subwoofer Applications, which would describe different areas that subwoofers are typically applied, like as part of a FAST-style loudspeaker system, integrated subwoofers in multi-way towers, in-wall subwoofers, and multi-sub systems like Dr. Geddes' distributed multi-sub approach and Floyd Toole's four-corners approach for getting the best bass in a typical room.

Toole's SFM approach isn't really "four corners."

If you read his section on its results in practice in "Sound Reproduction," it's seems to be basically a convergence with the Geddes method music lovers who care about high-fidelity bass reproduction have been using for years now, except automated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.