Celestion 6000 repair...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I recently bought Celestion 6000 Subs. There is a big issue with them: 2 of the half balls are dented. One was cleaned by the original owner with water, so it lost it's tension, the other one got a small scuff (minor dent.)

Any idea where I can get replacement covers or how to get the shape fixed again???

All ideas are welcome.

(The material seems to be some textile, with a kind of water soluable glue to strenghthen it.)

I contacted "Hifi Profis" Darmstadt (Germany) and Celestion, but they seem not to be interested in helping me with such an old item (No answer)

Regs, Dirk

Hi,

I recently bought Celestion 6000 Subs. There is a big issue with them: 2 of the half balls are dented. One was cleaned by the original owner with water, so it lost it's tension, the other one got a small scuff (minor dent.)

Any idea where I can get replacement covers or how to get the shape fixed again???

All ideas are welcome.

(The material seems to be some textile, with a kind of water soluable glue to strenghthen it.)

I contacted "Hifi Profis" Darmstadt (Germany) and Celestion, but they seem not to be interested in helping me with such an old item (No answer)

Regs, Dirk

By "half balls" do you mean dustcaps?

A vacuum cleaner with a small funnel can suck dents out of dustcaps.
Duct tape or Gorrilla tape (preferred) can sometimes work for pulling dents.
A needle or push pin can also be used, the small hole covered with glue.

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but that's not the point: The textile lost its tension, so even pushing it back, it does not stay in the old shape...

It's some strenghtened textile, but with the strenghtened material washed out...

Any owner of the subs suffering the same trouble???

Celestion 6000 repair

There are various fabric stiffeners available as sprays which could do the trick and to reform the ball shape a large balloon or similar could be used to create the dome shape while the stiffener dries. Finally you can respray the whole with fabric paint. the small dent should be fixable in the same sort of way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.