TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

and the danley box is also made out of 13 ply baltic birch ;)

:p

I went with Xoc1's suggested bracing idea (in addition to the broomstick brace) and might end up doubling up those braces down the centerline, evenly spaced (with 1/2" baltic instead) for future builds. Running 2 pair of 18SW100-loaded TH18s off 2 bridged PLX3402s creates a bit of vibration (and awesomeness), even when ratchet-strapped in a group of 4 around their circumference (unlike pictured below) while vibrating glasses/bottles off of shelves/counters in ~400 capacity bars/clubs.

(1st attachment shows first round of cabs. 2nd attachment shows second round of cabs w/bracing at edge, purely for photo capture)

Attachments

• TH-18 inside wo driver.jpg
    TH-18 inside wo driver.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 675
  • TH-18 2nd set bracing.jpg
    TH-18 2nd set bracing.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 654
  • TH-18 cluster of 4.jpg
    TH-18 cluster of 4.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
How do you like them stacked up verse side by side? This is how I usually run my Danley's View attachment 379481

How many amps are you using to power those 4 cabinets? Because one different driver probably wouldn't respond exactly the same as the other three.....

Also what ferrite driver is that? I thought the TH-118 was only ever offered with the b&c 18sw115 or the 18 sound 9600.... Which are both neo drivers.

I'm using Crown xti2000 on each of the 3 TH115's and a Crown xti 4002 on the TH118 bridged. I'm running the Crown xti 2000's with the sub synth in and the xti 4002 without the combo is amazing in fact Ivan Beaver had recommended the combo of the TH115 and Th118 he also said that when doing demos most all the people like the sound of the combo better.

Thanks man. The real differences are bracing, corner reflectors and different throat shape. So the Danley TH-118 is similar to mine but not the same. Yet response isn't drastically different.

TD's indicated that corner reflectors aren't really needed for bass horns, and can actually adversely affect the performance. I'm in the process of building a similar TH (around a 12" driver) without corner reflectors, and one of the things I'll be looking for is any significant difference between the sim'd and actual response curves.

I think that correctly-placed bracing should result in an appreciable and measurable performance difference, hence my question above about which panels are most prone to vibration. The same pieces of wood used for corner reflectors can be used to add bracing to the panels that mostly need it.

I'm using Crown xti2000 on each of the 3 TH115's and a Crown xti 4002 on the TH118 bridged. I'm running the Crown xti 2000's with the sub synth in and the xti 4002 without the combo is amazing in fact Ivan Beaver had recommended the combo of the TH115 and Th118 he also said that when doing demos most all the people like the sound of the combo better.

what effect does the subsynth have in your opinion? I've stayed away from it like the plague. I also have an xti 4002, and a 2000.

what effect does the subsynth have in your opinion? I've stayed away from it like the plague. I also have an xti 4002, and a 2000.
The sub synth on the xti2000's with the TH115's seems to balance things out with the TH118 just my opinion though and I have my high bypass at 30Hz for added protection and never clip my amps no need to really especially on inside gigs stuff starts falling off the walls and from the ceiling . :)

Thanks man. The real differences are bracing, corner reflectors and different throat shape. So the Danley TH-118 is similar to mine but not the same. Yet response isn't drastically different.

I would love to find some plans for the Danley SM100 speakers they look fairly simple to build anyone have anything similar to that around?

Last edited: