TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

really? because I have an Inuke 3000dsp that absolutely slams with my Faital Pro 18 1030hp loaded Bassreflex that you can see in this thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/261476-faital-pro-1030-hp-18-br.html#post4046800

Bridged into a single 8 ohm cab wall loaded, the combo has happily entertained a slammed 150 capacity bar 7 nights a week for 6 hours a night(since august). It compared favorably to the QSC RMX 1850HD that we had on hand during setup.

The Inuke 6000 dsp similarly performs very well with my OTH40C Tapped Horn, loaded with the Faital Pro 15 1030hp.

Care to explain where your Inuke fell down?

INuke falls short by a long way in power output. Tried a 3k for a cab loaded with a B&C 18ps100-8. Bridged mode, 40-110hz under test load, pink noise was significantly lower at almost clip than an epx2800 (a similarly affordable
Amplifier), and due to the class-d structure of the nuke when it's pushed hard the power supply clipping is heard from the driver, not to mention it sounds 'thinner' musically. I'd consider one for a small budget passive PA rig for speech and program, but never subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INuke falls short by a long way in power output. Tried a 3k for a cab loaded with a B&C 18ps100-8. Bridged mode, 40-110hz

See link below. The iNuke 3000 DSP can do about 1200W RMS bridged into an 8 Ohm load, but it won't do it continuously. It will fold back several hundred watts that after a few seconds of providing that continuously.

Plan around 8 ohm loads per channel and this won't be an issue. Looks like it would be comfortable doing 300Wpc continuously into 8 ohms. The 6000DSP should do double that (without folding back the power).

I can't say I've heard the "clipping" sound you mentioned in my tests of either the 3000DSP or the 6000DSP (albeit those "tests" were informal ones while I was helping my brother set up the new amps in his club), but if this really a concern, then perhaps setting the DSP-based limiters on the amp so they don't exceed the above-mentioned output levels may address that.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/213071-behringer-inuke-nu3000-measurements.html

What I can tell you though is that when we hooked up the iNuke 6000 DSP to his subs, they were giving out before the amp reached peak output. I actually had to back the gain down a bit.

The iNuke 3000 DSP can do about 1200W RMS bridged into an 8 Ohm load, but it won't do it continuously.

My point exactly. If you've read the specs on the 18sw115 then one will realise how feeding these high end pro drivers with second rate amplifiers is a false economy...

You may as well give them just about all they can handle (within reason), it's what they're designed to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is op already has an amp that can beat the sw115 to anchor of its life, the lab gruppen fp14000. He specifically asked for an inexpensive amp to power the rig in instances where high spl is not a major concern, and minimal gear weight/size is. Enter the inuke.

Let's not forget that Behringer also has this beast available - the iNuke 12000DSP - Behringer: iNUKE NU12000DSP

Yeah I'm going to disagree completely that it's "rubbish" as well. I own 3 of them. The NU3000 is amazingly stout for its price bracket. It has been tested to be able to put out 2kw real continuous power into a 4ohm bridged load. That's a feat that almost no amps near its price point can match. All iNuke amps have approximately the same ratio of nameplate power to long term power output. I certainly agree that's not quite enough to beat a 18sw115 within an inch of its life without clipping on most music content, and that if you're buying $500 drivers it's foolish to run them on $200 amps, but the amp is no joke for what it is.

Last edited:
lovely work

I DJ deep/funk house music perfect for standing between a pair of these bad boys. In fact going full tilt I would imagine it could get uncomfortable after long periods which I consider WIN! Considering how I like more low end I think I could add another pair of TH-18's to this srx setup without having them running out of steam.

I ordered an Inuke 6000dsp since it was not much more over a 3000dsp and could drive both subs. The dsp, limiting and locking look like a real winner for semi dry hire and I don't want them pushed too hard in those situations since I wont be babysitting them. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Thanks for all the praise guys, I honestly could have done a fair bit better job on them and they could have been even better so its great to hear. I will build another pair in the future but for now two are more than adequately doing the job! Also thanks for everyone who has helped with the design and sharing of the plans.

Yep that orange just really pops!

I'm a big fan of Tom Danleys designs:)

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 640
Where there is a will there is a way. I constantly buy things from home(USA) and have them shipped to my residence.(Adelaide)

The pricing here is ridiculous. I was going to try and be a dealer for DSL and offer everything at the MSRP USD or below in the same number Aud. (So 6kusd would be 6kaud)The dealer here is just charging crazy numbers. So if I want something I will be going back home and then sending some packages my way. And they will only cost me "990 dollars."

Win win

But again those TH18's look awesome. I need to finish up my sub builds so I can move onto mains. :)

LOL.....I wont be a dealer anytime soon. If anything I would have been a wholesaler/distributor. That has come and past. And for now nothing is going to happen. For me I will look at building some simple 2way or 3 way mains with horned bass drivers. Then possibly next year I will look at going back home and purchasing a pair of SH64's or possibly SH96's. I wish you lived closer I would always lend them out. :)