TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

Here's it adjusted to 2.0 Pi response - although we have 6 x 18SW115s which will eventually end up in them, I really just forget to make it half space 🤦‍♂️
Screenshot 2024-04-03 224125.png

Reactions: 2 users
The Behringer NU6000 (and NX6000) power amplifier are 2 x 3000 Watts @ 4 Ohms; 2 x 1500 Watts @ 8 Ohms, and can't be mono bridged, so you would have four spare amp sides using four amps for four cabinets..
I put my Inuke 6000 on a CRO, and observed that the quoted power is PEAK, not rms. So id call it about 2000w @4 ohms, theoretical.

I say theoretical as I dont believe they can sustain that power.....there is very little reserve capacitance in the inukes.

When running off a generator at high demand they sounded like they ran out of puff on each kick...a little floppy/distorted. And the lights would dip too.

Inuke at 2000 real watts on 4 ohm is about right. +/-80V supply, full bridge, maybe 80% supply regulation. That gives 2k per channel into 4. Assuming of course the mains stay at 120V. It can actuslly sustain that for a while, but it’s not goof for it. A lot of infant mortality fails due to THERMAL CYCLING. Run ‘em for a year, get something better if you can.

I put my Inuke 6000 on a CRO, and observed that the quoted power is PEAK, not rms. So id call it about 2000w @4 ohms, theoretical.

I say theoretical as I dont believe they can sustain that power.....there is very little reserve capacitance in the inukes.

When running off a generator at high demand they sounded like they ran out of puff on each kick...a little floppy/distorted. And the lights would dip too.
If the lights were dimming, the generator (or AC cables..) were not providing enough voltage/power to sustain the peak demands, the system was "undersized".
The generator at minimum should be capable of around 7000 watts per Inuke 6000 to keep up with their peak demands, not including any lighting loads. The cabling should be sized to not drop more than 5% at the peak draw.
The amplifiers with the best PFC could reduce peak demands by ~40%, which could reduce the generator size.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user