TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design) - Page 120 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2012, 01:38 AM   #1191
kctess5 is offline kctess5  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks! I don't have either an itouch or an iPhone, though I plan to get one at some point. I know I can download wireless apps for my android that act as mouses over wifi but I didn't care enough to spend the time to set it up
Old 5th December 2012, 03:11 AM   #1192
diyAudio Member

Wow 11 views and already a dislike... I never understand that. If people aren't interested why can't they just move on? It's insulting...
Old 5th December 2012, 04:32 AM   #1193
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member

Who gives a $hit what the rest of the interwebz think. Just change the privacy settings to unlisted and disable voting.
Old 5th December 2012, 05:17 AM   #1194
diyAudio Member

Hi Kctess5,
Sounds good ,I wouldn't pay attention to the dislike ,They probably don't have one,lol.Let alone 4,lol. Too bad so sad,lol, I got 2 and they rock !
Good luck! Hope you get a AAAA++++
NS

Hi Dan !

Last edited by noSmoking; 5th December 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 5th December 2012, 06:07 AM   #1195
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctess5 View Post
Wow 11 views and already a dislike... I never understand that. If people aren't interested why can't they just move on? It's insulting...
The like/dislike function plays in to YouTubes suggested videos and search results (when you're a signed in user), don't take it to heart but it's a fairly useful feature for some...
Old 5th December 2012, 06:09 AM   #1196
diyAudio Member

Thanks everyone! I'll just not let it bother me

Quote:
Hope you get a AAAA++++
Haha funnily enough the one person who is not supportive at my school is the one person assigning my grade: my engineering teacher (I know right?). She has done her best to make my life difficult throughout this process. I am technically her aide, although those are the periods I have to work on this project. I signed up for that only because I needed to be enrolled in a class and with the understanding that I would not be free to do much "aiding."

That was all well and good until it came time for me to actually start work, and then it was not well and good. She gives me grief every day for not helping teach her class because I am clearly just sitting around all day.

She actually marked me absent yesterday for doing this test (I set up during that time). It's not that she didn't know I was there, she just was annoyed that I was doing what I signed up to do. It's like she's trying to bridle me and reign me in from doing anything too cool and interesting.

One might think that because this is a fiercely rigorous engineering project compared to anything I ever dreamed of doing while in her class in previous years, and that it is one of the main talking points of my MIT college app, that my engineering teacher might be supportive. But apparently stapling papers and babying (often idiotic) freshmen is more important...

Oh well. Just a few more months of not letting her get in the way and I will be able to move on, wash my hands of her, and go do bigger and better things.

Other than her, it is amazing how supportive my school has been. All the admin is super excited about this project and the ASB director is stoked. And apparently they don't mind me setting up and doing high level tests. I didn't actually ask permission to do this test (no need), and between 2 hours of driving around campus and then half an hour of ~130 dB not a single person on admin did this:

Well sorry for the rant. In other news... In about 13 days I find out if I am going to MIT or not that is, of course, unless I got deferred to the later admissions cycle...
Old 5th December 2012, 06:45 AM   #1197
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well sorry for the rant. In other news... In about 13 days I find out if I am going to MIT or not that is, of course, unless I got deferred to the later admissions cycle...
Much luck to you and if the engineering gods are willing may you get into MIT !

Good job on the TH builds and your system setup, thanks for the video, i enjoyed it!
Old 5th December 2012, 01:33 PM   #1198
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

congratz with the bild.
Old 5th December 2012, 03:57 PM   #1199
djn is offline djn  United States
diyAudio Member

Very Very COOL!!! You did a great job on those and certainly worthy of an A+. I hope you get into MIT, you'll fit right in!!!

"Higher education is a highly charged political environment run by politically inept idiots" DJN

Quote:
Here's my latest video. I tested everything I have built so far yesterday, and I am very pleased.

The subs are incredibly loud, even at somewhere between 150 and 200 ft away, not run at their full capacity. I didn't want them to drown out the main (I only have 1 done) speaker so I turned them down a little.

I trust that you guys have personal systems that go low enough to appreciate the depth extension in the video

PA Sound System DR250 TH18 Testing 2500 Watts - YouTube

Last edited by djn; 5th December 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 5th December 2012, 07:14 PM   #1200
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I like it. It reminds me of my pyro box setup.

Hide this!Advertise here!