10" horn 3cubic feet help!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help making as loud of a sub box I can with at least 115db @37hz .. Now here is what I got to work with... Box can only be 28" tall by 12x18" I am thinking use a 10" or 12" or 2 of em What ever you feel is for subwoofer and box style.. I got a $500 limit but less is always better:)

CiareNDC8-3.gif

Ciare NDC8-3, about $200, with 50W is 115.5dB at 37hz with 20V input (50W/8Ω). Rated for 300W RMS, it should play loud enough.

Rises about 3dB from 40hz~100hz to allow for 'room gain', -3dB around 34hz with respect to 40hz.

Last edited:
"Can I get this sub in the u.s. I haven't heard of that name brand ? "

A quick Google comes up with:

Ciare NDC8-3 - Ciare NDC8-3 is a 600 watt 8 inch lightweight neodymium speaker for all bass and mid-bass speaker systems- Ciare Speakers - Ciare NDC8-3 8 inch lighweight neodymium speaker for bass guitar, PA speaker systems, etc. Ciare NDC8-3 8 inch

"looks promising. as long as its in 1.0Pi... "

Most people have a floor and a wall to use it by. They may not have a suitable corner though, so I didn't use 0.5Pi.

You won't get 1pi loading in the boat -- 2pi only. You replacing your dual kicker TH? or are you helping a friend out -- those sound like different dimensions than I remember for your dual kicker. what wattage/ohm you targeting?

Last edited:
This is for a friends boat with tighter space restrictions.. We are running an amp that is 1300 rms @4ohms but stable to 2ohms @2400 watts. 8 ohms wud probably be about 600-700 watts.. Just can't figure out what to do with only 3cubic feet so I figured I wud ask the pros :)

This is for a friends boat with tighter space restrictions.. We are running an amp that is 1300 rms @4ohms but stable to 2ohms @2400 watts. 8 ohms wud probably be about 600-700 watts.. Just can't figure out what to do with only 3cubic feet so I figured I wud ask the pros :)

give us a few.... I think the dual kicker was a winner in your boat -- hopefully can come up with something just as good. You have pics of the space it goes in? so we can design the opening /arrangement of drivers correctly?

I'm afraid my usual suspects for horns didn't pan out. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I didn't run into anything quickly.

A dual dayton titanic 12 ported (500 watts per driver) would work and give you the output you are looking for. Just build your cabinet the dimensions you have, and use a pair of 4" diameter 18" long ports to tune to 33hz. You are within published xmax down through 25hz without a high pass.

A pair of 12" drivers and a pair of 4" ports (use an elbow) should just about fill your 12x28 face of the cabinet.

I tried the hivi, epic, lms, etc... didn't come up with anything better than the titanic.

anyone else got something better (in 2pi) for justin? I'm afraid my answer wasn't very creative.

Attachments

• justint-titanic12dual.JPG
    justint-titanic12dual.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.