R evenge C omes with F orce

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RCF 21 Tapped horn

Hi everyone for the past few months I want to upgrade my sound system so I download horn response and give it a try , boy this thing is hard. Anyway with all the talk about tapped horn I said to myself I want to try something new enough with scoop, so I plug some numbers from the RCF21 driver in to horn response and get this

rcf info.jpg

Epa design

My gold is to put 950 watt in the driver before reaching xmax.
My cabinet size is 45”x45’’x30’’
Frequency range 35hz to 110-20hz flat
The design I have in mind belongs to Epa .

Also if someone could help me with the folding that would be great. I have no knowledge of folding.
Please feel free to make any correction to this project.

Thanks

A little help goes along way

Last edited:
Besides costs and weight, the real challenge you will meet is to get a decent sound from it (acceptable group delay, high enough damping & impulse behaviour values, no extreme 'ringing' frequencies).
hi djim
group delay and impulse look verry good,at least in the sim.
i added a chamber to damp the out of passband peaks a bit.
still think you need a power plant to get to the max of them:D
olsound2.jpg

Last edited:
That the costs of drivers,amps, wood, transportability for such 21" dont weight against the advantages for building 2 x 18" TH's for each 21". Not only the cost, but in sound quality and SPL a 2x 18" will beat one 21" (or 4 x 18" against 2 x 21").

Btw, 2000 watts at 4Ohm/chan will never get you near 140dB...
134dB is more realistic from that power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.