R evenge C omes with F orce

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi djim
group delay and impulse look verry good,at least in the sim.
i added a chamber to damp the out of passband peaks a bit.
still think you need a power plant to get to the max of them:D
I like your explanation "at least in the sim". The trouble is not the sim, but the reality of surface versus panelflex and keep everything in transportable weights. A 700liter cab is going to be quiet heavy with all extra bracing...

And since the request was 35Hz and he has only 2000W per channel it sounds more interesting to use double 18's and get more SPL from it.

I like your explanation "at least in the sim". The trouble is not the sim, but the reality of surface versus panelflex and keep everything in transportable weights. A 700liter cab is going to be quiet heavy with all extra bracing...

And since the request was 35Hz and he has only 2000W per channel it sounds more interesting to use double 18's and get more SPL from it.

Which 18 do you have in mind
The rcf price is $500.00

Which 18 do you have in mind
The rcf price is $500.00
Even cheap ones can beat your RCF with just 2000 watts. Like Epa said you'll need a serious power plant cause your 2Kw is just going to 'tickling' the 21" :rolleyes:

Look for 18" (8Ohm) with an Fs of <35Hz and a AES power rating of at least 700Watt continue and Xmax of > 7mm.
Or 18" (4Ohm) with an Fs of <35Hz and a AES power rating of at least 1200 Watt continue and a Xmax of >9mm

Even cheap ones can beat your RCF with just 2000 watts. Like Epa said you'll need a serious power plant cause your 2Kw is just going to 'tickling' the 21" :rolleyes:

Look for 18" (8Ohm) with an Fs of <35Hz and a AES power rating of at least 700Watt continue and Xmax of > 7mm.
Or 18" (4Ohm) with an Fs of <35Hz and a AES power rating of at least 1200 Watt continue and a Xmax of >9mm

Thanks for the info I wil keep it in mind
In the future I will invest in a more powerful amps for the rcf.
If you want you can assist with this project your knowledge is welcome.

Last edited:
first ruf sketch
olsound%203.jpg

Which 18 do you have in mind. The rcf price is $500.00

In the future I will invest in a more powerful amps for the rcf.
You seem to worry about 130$ difference between 2 x18"drivers over one 21" while you don't have a problem investing several hundreds to thousand$ for an heavier amp :confused:

(Ah, I see the 'Epa folding style' is returning :cool: )

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.