What do i need?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey!

I've been planning for long to fill up the lower regions.
Currently i have a pair of Mar-Kel70 speakers powered by a Harman Kardon HK3490 amp.

I want a woofer that integrates well with my EL70. I want to be able to play somewhat loud, i have a Reckhorn S-1 active 24db/octave XO. I don't need to play deep bass, maybe a little deeper than me Mar-Kel70 go. But i'm mostly after a little more headroom and cone displacement to get the real "thump" in rock music.

My room is approximately 3.5x3.5m. My speakers are placed at a wall which is around 2.6m wide i think. On the right side there's a corner, on the left side is a door. So i will get some room problems.

My budget is maybe $240 per channel, amplifier excluded.
But i'd still like recommendations on what i could power the woofer/woofers with. $400-450 for the amplifier.

I think you're on the wrong track.
I want to XO at maybe 250Hz, so i'd most likely need one woofer per side. Placed somewhat close to my EL70.

Have you seen the SDX10 from CSS? These are for now my primary choice until I might change my mind.

You can have them from byggdinbas.se and costs about 1500 SEK a piece. I don't know what that translates to in USD, but I am quite certain that it is quite a bit less than over here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.