What happens when a sub is in a corner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it only takes 20 minutes. put your subwoofers on long wires, play some 'bass strong' music, experiment with placement, you will hear very quickly what works and what doesn't.

That takes all the fun out of it:D

If you have a Lowes near you, I've found that they have a ~9$ sheet 4'X8' sheet acustic panel that works very well to dampen reflections. Wrapped in some fabric (i use thick black fleece) and screwed to the drywall, works wonders.

That might be a good solution if I have problems....thanks.

Dear Mr. djn,

There are several fellows on another forum that have experience with this stuff and they might even give you a civil answer. I would look for posts from guys that go by names like "Newman" or "Ray." There's another guy from Seattle, whose name I keep forgetting, that has also posted about "Distributed Bass."

BTW: I went to your web page...very nice, but where are the boats?

Best Regards,
TerryO

Thanks Terry. I've had a number of sailboats but never built one so I did not include them. Now that you mention it, Dave would be a good resource.

Dennis,

Dave is a great resource, as is Ray.

Regarding sailboats, did you ever look into the Bruce anchors, as I suggested on the old "Bass List" some years back?:D

I believe that everyone should build a boat at sometime during their life. It's one of the most rewarding experiences known to Man.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.