Home music / movie sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone recommend the best design for a 5m x 5m room, mainly for music but films aswel with good sound levels (enough to pressurize the room?).

Looking for extension down to 30hz (I'm into a wide range of music, especially stuff with heavy sub Jungle, D&B, Dubstep etc)

Would be good if it could double up as a small party rig but not mandatory.

Ideally Im looking for a design that will require a driver for less than £100 (british pounds, and easily sourced in the Uk) and not an overly complicated build).

Already have amplifier and digital crossover.

Look forward to any suggestions :)

i just built a 5 foot by 3 foot horn for my Eminence Lab 12 (the thread is here...http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/143714-lab12-tapped-horn.html)....powered by one channel of a qsc rmx 1450....its awesome!!! if you have the space go for it. or even a pair of them, that would be killer!
i have the big one paired up with two tang band 38hz 6.5" horns as well. the large one under the TV in the front of the room and the two smaller ones in the rear. plenty of bass in about the same size room as you have.

the lab 12 is like 165 usd shipped from parts express....so thats right around your budget.

I've had a soft spot for something like this... never got around to building it though....

maybe this is kinda what you had in mind? (not sure what shipping to UK is like for PE drivers though)

Attachments

• titanic10TH.JPG
    titanic10TH.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 233
Thanks for the input so far, has anybody got any experience with anyother (possibly cheaper) drivers in the lab12 tapped horn? Also anyone familiar/build lilmikes Cinema F20 sub? found here (just discovered it today) any other potential drivers for this known?

Thanks for the help so far

:)

HWK15

and almost any 15 you can find

Can anyone recommend the best design for a 5m x 5m room, mainly for music but films aswel with good sound levels (enough to pressurize the room?).

Looking for extension down to 30hz (I'm into a wide range of music, especially stuff with heavy sub Jungle, D&B, Dubstep etc)

Would be good if it could double up as a small party rig but not mandatory.

Ideally Im looking for a design that will require a driver for less than £100 (british pounds, and easily sourced in the Uk) and not an overly complicated build).

Already have amplifier and digital crossover.

Look forward to any suggestions :)

Thanks for the all the tips so far. Was looking into the homewrecker last week, do you know the recommended driver specs? Also couldn't find a great deal of feedback on it, is it as good as it makes it out to be? :)

ive built and used 3 housewreckers.

a 15, a 12 and an 6" version, they are all excellent.

easy build, and work well with almost any driver (subwoofer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.