10" Subwoofer < $100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/108/1081060W.PDF

That is the Infinity 1060w specs. A 4 ohm driver with a low qts of .41.

Anyways, I am planning on building a PORTED downfiring subwoofer for my bedroom with that woofer. I will not be running a lowpass/crossover. Floor will do that work for me.

What drivers would you recommend for such an application. I would them to be under $100. I would go with an Image Dynamics but that is out of budget.

Oh and I have modeled this driver in WinISD. 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 31hz is nice and pretty.

Thanks - Andrew

May I ask why you seem to be set on using car audio drivers for a home sub......as most need the gain of an auto cabin to perform well. Also, not lowpassing (budget?) your future sub is a recipe for a disappointing listening experience IMO. The floor may do "some" filtering, but in essence you'll have a stereo signal coming from your mains......combined with a muffled mono channel, up to the subs' high end cutoff that is. You'll also need some sort of steep (12-24db) high pass, or else you'll blow the sub in a ported box, best case the cone/surround junction will separate. I'd look for a proper home audio sub
Peerless 830668 10" Paper Cone SLS Subwoofer

Last edited:
Well crossovers eat up SO much dang power. And actually my last sub (a dayton Quatro 8) I ran in a vented box with no filter. Sounded fine really.

And that infinity, looking at the specs is a very good driver. I just compared it to a Dayton Classic 10 subwoofer, and it can go much lower in the same size box tuned the same. Even in a box designed right for it, the Dayton still blows it away. And they are the same price.

FYI:

The GR_SW-12B in a T-TQWT:

b:)

Attachments

• GR-SW-12B.JPG
    GR-SW-12B.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 198
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.