bandpass help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I´m building a subwoofer to yacht. I have space only 11"x24"x26" and these are outside measures. I want to use bandpass because the enclosure will be inside the engineroom and I will only bring the reflex pipe to outside space. I have planned to build 4th order enclosure.

I have been trying to search good elements that will perform well in bandpass enclosure but havent had much luck. I want to go 12" but since the enclosure dimensions are what they are I´m not sure is that possible to fit 12" inside.

Does it matter how far a way the driver is opposite walls?

Boat has 24v system and I have found only one manufacturer that makes 24v amps. So I´m planning to use this for powering the sub []Caliber Europe - Car Audio. It should give 600w RMS mono 4 ohms. Not sure about the quality but I dont want to use power converters.

So is here a bandpass gurus or can someone direct me to right direction where to find help to design the enclosure and help choosing the driver?

best regards,

Miikka

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.