What's up with the 3015lf pricing??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was about to order my 3015lf from parts express because I had a coupon and the price is now $315. So I ordered from etail electronics for 164 shipped now a day later I check back and it's listed at 215 and a search on amazon shows it ranging from 180 to 325. Has eminence raised the prices or something??
Anyway I hope etail ships out my speaker asap because I have read reviews that say orders have been canceled because etail fed amazon the wrong pricing information and etail wouldn't honor the original posted price!!

I noticed that after taking a good solid year to mangle their formerly perfectly functional website (What have they been trying to do, make it slower and clunkier than MCM's site?) to one where you can't even save a speaker datasheet directly to file, they raised a lot of prices disrespectably high.

Even if this 3015LF price is a mistake (It had better be!), PE is starting to screw up Badly.

Last edited:
I noticed that after taking a good solid year to mangle their formerly perfectly functional website (What have they been trying to do, make it slower and clunkier than MCM's site?) to one where you can't even save a speaker datasheet directly to file, they raised a lot of prices disrespectably high.

Even if this 3015LF price is a mistake (It had better be!), PE is starting to screw up Badly.

It might be a screw-up. The 3012LF is listed at an even more expensive price than the 3015LF.

At those prices, the B&C drivers look a lot more attractive.

I've been watching neo for the last year

In the last 4 months I purchased 9 speakers that used that substance. Good stuff but my next speakers I need use ceramic magnets.

I guess the neo magnets are now heading to the ultra-high end like alnico? For the foreseeable future, time to grab your favorite neo speaker before they switch to ceramic.

Eminence uses a 3/4" long VC in the 3015LF and the published gap height is .365" so the claimed x-max is theoretical or 10% distortion blah blah blah.

IMO I'd rather spend my money with a vendor who didn't try and bend me over.

I've been ogling the uber sexy FaitalPRO drivers for some time now, the 15FH520 looks like a nice alternative with a 22mm winding width and 12mm gap.

Last edited:
I still see the old 3015LF price listed at other websites, like US Speaker...
Ask PE if they will price match the competition?

The price will go back down when people stop buying at PE, and I have
reason to believe they have only screwed themselves by chasing away
customers from products that draw other sales. Who buys just a speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.