Understand BassBox Pro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aw man, check this bandpass out that I designed around my driver, looks good if I am doing everything right and understanding the graphs correctly. Let me know what you think.

File: My bandpass enclosure for Polk Audio db104 driver final.bb6
-----------------------------------------
Driver Properties
Name: db10 (4 ohm)
Type: Standard one-way driver
Company: Polk Audio
Comment: DB Series
No. of Drivers = 1
Fs = 26.7 Hz
Qms = 4.91
Vas = 44.9 liters
Cms = 0.24 mm/N
Mms = 148 g
Rms = 5.058 kg/s
Xmax = 8.7 mm
Xmech = 25.4 mm
P-Dia = 215 mm
Sd = 363 sq.cm
P-Vd = 0.316 liters
Qes = 0.409
Re = 3.7 ohms
Z = 4 ohms
BL = 15 Tm
Pe = 300 watts
Qts = 0.376
no = 0.201 %
1-W SPL = 85 dB
2.83-V SPL = 88.54 dB
-----------------------------------------
Box Properties
Name:
Type: Bandpass Single-Tuned Box
Shape: Prism, Bandpass
with two chambers
Chamber 1 - lower-freq.
Vb = 0.432 cu.ft
Fb = 56.81 Hz
QL = 7
F3 = 29.96 Hz
Fill = heavy
Chamber 2 - upper-freq.
Vb = 0.364 cu.ft
Fb = 53.31 Hz
QL = 7
F3 = 95.15 Hz
Fill = none
No. of Vents = 2
Vent shape = round
Vent ends = one flush
Dv = 1.717 in
Lv = 11 in

Would like it to be in a cube but don't want to get any more confused on my numbers.

2 Radio Shack 8's

Would someone check this out and let me know if it is worth putting together. Do the graphs look good? I am in the process of putting another box together for a single polk audio 10" but wanted to try and improve the system I currently have and came up with this. Does it look like it is worth building?

Attachments

• Dual 8 inch in vented box.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 35
Well, I finished the sealed box for the single 10" polk audio db104. I ran some more numbers thru bassbox pro and went with a 12x12x12 sealed cube and it has some good bass but need more amplifier, lol. Other than not having enough amplifier for it, it still sounds real good and carries a low bass tone too.

Same Driver but vented

I am now gonna build this design and see how it sounds with the same driver but just adding a port. Tell me what you think. It is still a 12x12x12 cube and the only difference between this one and the sealed one is the vent but looks better on the graphs and looks to take less power than the sealed, if I am reading them correctly.

Attachments

• Single polk audio 10 inch db104 - vented.zip
    935 bytes · Views: 28
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.