MCMelectronics????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I to have purchased from MCM Electronics. They are now part of the Newark Electronics network of companies. I have purchased speakers from MCM under the MCM brand name. I think these are rebranded or made by a company other than MCM because they are a parts distributor. The speakers I have bought were above average quality and have served me well. I will be purchasing more from them this week. I have also purchased many amp repair parts from them and have never been disappointed.

Hello Matthew, MCM Electronics is not a manufacturer, but a distributor of electronic components. They have been around for over 30 years. They do have some products made to certain specs that they sell under their own brand name. I haven't bought from them in a while, but was always happy with the service. I don't remember when but at some point the were purchased by Farnell, thus they are part of the Farnell group of suppliers, along with Newark Electronics, and Farnell in Europe.

Peace,

Dave

I have purchased from MCM in the past. They were always very good to work with and I'll work with them again. I don't know what item you're looking at, so I can't comment specifically on it. Like I said though, I'd work with MCM again.
Mike

I was looking for the 55-1550 woofer for a new project.
The price is very cheap but Im looking for High End or near High End and the question is if this fits my specs.

I have also been looking for Dynaudio speakers for example so you know what Im looking for.

regards,

Has very limited x-max, I wouldn't use it.
MCM has some drivers that are a very good value, this isn't one of those.

# Carbon fiber cone
# Rubber surround
# Stamped steel basket
# 1.5" voice coil
# 30oz. magnet

Specifications::
# Power Capacity: 75W/150W RMS/peak
# Sensitivity: 90dB (W/M)
# Impedance: 8ohm
# Re: 6.0ohm
# Le: 1.55mH
# Frequency response: 30Hz~5KHz
# Fs: 30Hz
# Qts: 0.35
# Qes: 0.37
# Qms: 4.73
# Vas: 59.01 (liters)
# Xmax: 1.5mm

Last edited:
I used to have two MCM Select 15" LF drivers in a sunn 215 cabinet.
800 wrms 4" voice coils with an ashley FTX-2000 bridged across them and I could not get them to fail.

They later got moved to some EV threeway P.A. cabinets (the kind that are built into thier own roadcases) that were used extensivly and performed incredibly.
118 db measured in the middle of a properly sound treated 13.5' X 23 room.

On a BGW 150watt per channel ampilfier.

I so badly would like to get another pair or two.
I paid $109 for each of them back in 1994. jer

They were the MCM 55-1880 .
The premium model was not available at the time.
I ran these with my sunn 610 cabinet(with original drivers) stacked on there side (horizonatly).
They were a perfect match to one another.
Many times I would just run the 215 alone and it sounded just like the 610 with a guitar.

Bass guitar?
Holey moley ,it was like a greneade going off on your chest.
Seriously, I have been within 100 feet of a practice greneade going off before and that was what it was like. jer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.